Province steps in to save access to Exstew Campsite

The province will be taking over control of the rail crossing that CN was set to shut down on April 1. The closure would have cut off access to the best camping spot on the North Coast, Exstew River.

thenorthernview.com/news/252703241.html

What?? No Liberal love?

I’m happy that access to this area will remain.

I really dont see how they had a choice in the matter. The number of trails people would have made to get in would be ridiculous and unsafe. Im glad the forest service stepped in and did the right thing. Not really sure how the liberals were involved here…

The current policy makers are the governing Liberals. Perhaps the issue never made it to the Minister though. I don’t want to poke the bear but there always seems to be lots of blame thrown towards our government when there’s a chance but very little praise. To be fair though, is obvious that our elected NDP MLA’s lobbied for the crossing to remain open.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

The current policy makers are the governing Liberals. Perhaps the issue never made it to the Minister though. I don’t want to poke the bear but there always seems to be lots of blame thrown towards our government when there’s a chance but very little praise. To be fair though, is obvious that our elected NDP MLA’s lobbied for the crossing to remain open.[/quote]

As they should though since they are our MLA and we pretty much have no connection to any BC Liberal in this region anyways to lobby.

This is an example of the way things are supposed to work. A problem is brought to the attention of local MLAs (we can ignore party affiliation) who take it to the minister responsible (again we can ignore party affiliation) and the right decision is made for the benefit of citizens of a particular region.

All involved should be praised.

Shifting topics slightly.

The northcoastreview has a couple of questions that our MLA can take to the legislature or the ministries responsible to see if any relief provincially can be given to the people of Prince Rupert.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … files.html

It would look impressive for all if the city, our MLA and the appropriate government ministries could work together to solve some local problems.