Propaganda Hits an all time low

Microsoft releases anti linux propaganda

microsoft.com/canada/getthef … fault.mspx

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Damn…okay…I’ll stop running Linux. That is typical M$ FUD.  Heh. :smiley:

I think what the guy in the newspaper was trying to say, i don’t know how to configure a linux box properly and i don’t know how to trouble shoot it so i went out and over paid for a operating system that works just as good. Plus i get to spend endless hours patching it and then calling some one just as smart as me to get support :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how my linux box has been up for months, runs smooth and its only a PII 400.

Exactly.  I spend zero time maintaining my Linux boxes…they just work.

I’ve had a DNS-SQUID-NAT box running RedHat 6.2 online 24-7 since Feb 2002…

I can fix that, whats the ip :wink:

heh-heh :smile:

Actually it’s 172.16.2.254… heh heh!

I thought it was 192.168.0.2 :stuck_out_tongue:

looks like you have a rootkit installed :smiley:, i hate it when that happens

In all honesty we see more compromised linux boxes at work than windows. Mind you thats from asswipes running control panels installing shit software packages like phpBB and never upgrading them.

I personally prefer linux over all other operating systems but any os can be just as secure with the proper maintenance.

It really pisses me off when people say linux doesnt need to be maintained. If that mentality  keeps up it will eventually mean huge linux botnets because people think its immune and super secure.

Oh and while i’m on a rant… if you run a development OS like fedora on your production server do not fucking complain when the os is no longer patched 6 months later and a remote exploit comes out and you get rooted.

I swear people are morons.