Prince Rupert's Greenhouse Emissions Task Force

I see council will be considering spending $30,000 on hiring a consultant to work with the Green Advisory 'Task Force in preparing a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Plan and a Corporate Energy Plan. Does anyone know who the members of this local task force appointed this past summer are? I’m seriously hoping this is not another gravy train for friends of the Mayor and council.

Nice to see we are spending money on yet another report to find out we don’t have the money to do anything with it.  While only $10,000 is being directly funded by the local taxpayers, if we are that concerned with noxious emissions, perhaps a change in council will eliminate the majority of the problem? 

I believe there is a grant available for this study.
If any of the task force think council will put any enforcable bylaws in place after they make their report and/or recomendatiions they will be disapointed.
This council does not want to discuss contentious issues,or issues that require
intelligent debate.

Last June, the City advertised for applications to task forces (Green Advisory and Parking) from interested locals. They selected from those applicants and a range of sectors they wanted to see represented. I know a few of the names, but not all.

[quote=“Speakuppr”]
…if we are that concerned with noxious emissions, perhaps a change in council will eliminate the majority of the problem?  [/quote]

Oh - I think you may be confusing noxious emissions with hot air! Maybe it is all the same when it comes to climate change…