Prince Rupert spending the most on staffing in the northwest

The City of Terrace is still spending less money paying its city staff compared to Kitimat and Prince Rupert .

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 19828.html

Do these numbers include the overpaid underworked employees of the overstaffed citywest?

still full of compliments i see

[quote=“decker”]

still full of compliments i see[/quote]

There’s something to compliment about citywest? Some of their employees aren’t incompetent but I’m not sure that’s a compliment.

No.

“In 2010, Terrace spent $6.7 million on wages, benefits and expenses for its staff, while Kitimat spent $8.7 million and Prince Rupert $12.1 million.”

Is anyone else wondering if this has any connection to the highest property taxes in B.C., infrastructure that is not being maintained, an exodus of the middle class from Rupert and boarded up main streets?

Prince Rupert taxes almost twice as high as Terrace? Prince Rupert spends more on staffing than Terrace? The solution?

I’m sure we need to pay city workers even more, too.

Could be part of the plan to lure franchise stores to the region, a large pool of motivated residents eager to spend all of their cash on non competing franchise stores.

[quote=“zerocool”]Prince Rupert taxes almost twice as high as Terrace? Prince Rupert spends more on staffing than Terrace? The solution?

I’m sure we need to pay city workers even more, too.[/quote]

Sure we all know of some front line city workers that are abusing the system but lets not forget it’s the council’s responsibility to hold the City Administrator to account for prudent financial management of the city’s affairs. As far as I can see over the years, this is not taking place. The bloated staffing levels and failure to deal with the declining fortunes of Citywest are the responsibility of the Mayor, Council and Senior Management.