City taxes to low

We need to raise the tax level in prince rupert the cost of opertions keeps going up as our infustructure keeps
falling apart,if we keep cutting from our roads and parks its only going to come bact to bite us down the road,
we cant sustain it we need to tackle the problem sure we are cutting staff cost not replaceing workers who have
retired but our town needs a face lift its like a house if you dont maintain it its one day going to fall apart,i know
its hard out there if we increase taxes by 10 to 15 percent for the next five years we can do alot to replace our
roads and sewers and make our town look good all the money should go to up keep and update infustructure and
i think we can do it before its to late like whats happening in the states.

[quote=“ajaye46”]We need to raise the tax level in prince rupert the cost of opertions keeps going up as our infustructure keeps
falling apart,if we keep cutting from our roads and parks its only going to come bact to bite us down the road,
we cant sustain it we need to tackle the problem sure we are cutting staff cost not replaceing workers who have
retired but our town needs a face lift its like a house if you dont maintain it its one day going to fall apart,i know
its hard out there if we increase taxes by 10 to 15 percent for the next five years we can do alot to replace our
roads and sewers and make our town look good all the money should go to up keep and update infustructure and
i think we can do it before its to late like whats happening in the states.[/quote]

Perhaps some council members will ponder those suggestions when they are over in Ketchikan doing whatever they do there.

[quote=“ajaye46”]We need to raise the tax level in prince rupert the cost of opertions keeps going up as our infustructure keeps
i think we can do it before its to late like whats happening in the states.[/quote]

Oh, how we’ve missed your well thought out, reasoned and articulate ways Ajaye!

Geez, Ajaye, haven’t you heard Prince Rupert’s taxes are already higher than most other small towns. All that will do is cause more people to leave here.

what the f@*k is wrong with you?

I think ajaye works for the city and is hoping to keep his job. That is the only reason someone would think that raising taxes would help the infrastructure and not provide wage increases for the city workers.

ajaye- where do you come up with this shit ? Do you have anymore hash to share so we can try real hard to understand where the f*%k your coming from. Do you wear a mask when you play with that glue ? We are taxed up the yingyang and we get sweet nothing back with this present council or whitehouse on third and you have the nerve to say such a thing as you posted .

I posted this in another thread, but it’s worth repeating here.

Having just paid both Prince Rupert and Terrace taxes, I can tell you that I pay twice as much in Prince Rupert than I do in Terrace (adjusting for value of property, of course). And Terrace includes their garbage, sewer and water in the property taxes. Prince Rupert doesn’t.

So if you think what Prince Rupert needs is higher taxes, ajaye, then you’re living up to your reputation on HTMF. You always say the exact opposite of the truth, remember?

Do we need to remind you of all the predictions you made in the past, that you knew were absolutely true, that turned out to be the complete opposite?

Ajaye lives in a bizarro world.

Ajaye is just trying to get a rise out of all of you… And guess what? It’s working!

Obvious troll is obvious…

No, I think it’s more than that. He makes crazy predictions all the time. The only thing that happens is that when Ajaye says something, the exact opposite happens.

[quote=“ajaye46”]Im hearing there is a plan comeing together to build a 200 million doller prison
on digby island and they would be looking at a work force of 200[/quote]

From 2009:

[quote=“ajaye46”]we need to really hard and my feeling is we need to raise taxes on the wealthy
in prince rupert any property over 250.000 a 5 % tax hike and a 10 % surtax
on any commercial propert over 500.000 value i for one will be willing to
pay a 10 percent tax to keep my servises prince rupert we need to keep our
city going no one is going to come and hand us cash this would be just for one year
and then the mill will be sold and were back on our feet again its going to be
hard but we will get by if we act fast[/quote]

Another doozie from a few years ago:

[quote=“ajaye46”]dont worry folks we are on the tip of a tide awave,prince rupert
in 2010 will see the mill sold the port grow and a wind farm come
togather hold on to your hats and injoy the ride.[/quote]

From 2009:

[quote=“ajaye46”]you see folks there are six bidders for the mill and next week
we will find out who is the lucky one.im telling you we are going to
be just fine rupert is going to just go crazy in the next few months.[/quote]

And more:

[quote=“ajaye46”]we need to celebrate for many reasons there is nothing
but good news coming to our town lets party Rupert[/quote]

More from 2009:

Yup, you sure are accurate there Ajaye.

And you knew for sure the Potash thing was happening a couple of years ago, for sure, with no doubts at all:

[quote=“ajaye46”]this is a big deal it wont be told over the news wire there will be a joint announcement properly at the crest
i was not sleeping but i know it makes business seance for canpotex to locate here.[/quote]

From a couple of years ago:

[quote=“ajaye46”]yes my contact has confirmed that the Watson island deal will be coming to
a successful end in the next few days,the deal looks good and we all should be happy with the out come.[/quote]

Ajaye

Please go to the range and let someone use your head for a golf ball.

Dont you folks understand that we have a short term pain for a long term gain,ifwe act know we can
save alot of money and time and 5 years down we will be smileing all the way to the bank.Think if we
have a majour break in the sewer system do you think your taxes will be the same we can fix the problem
know and dont have to worry about it our children will love us even more 20 years from know its all in the
planning and dont get so upset im not god ok!!

Property taxes have been rising every year to compensate the inefficiencies at the City Hall. At this rate, 20 years from now Rupert would have a population of present day Port Ed because middle-class homeowners, except those employed by the city, won’t able to afford to pay for all those wasteful spending.

So instead of raising taxes to the point where people are forced to rent homes or move to suburbs, how about cut spending such as getting rid of CityWest for a start.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh Ajaye. lol

[quote=“PLA”]Property taxes have been rising every year to compensate the inefficiencies at the City Hall. At this rate, 20 years from now Rupert would have a population of present day Port Ed because middle-class homeowners, except those employed by the city, won’t able to afford to pay for all those wasteful spending.

So instead of raising taxes to the point where people are forced to rent homes or move to suburbs, how about cut spending such as getting rid of CityWest for a start.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh Ajaye. lol[/quote]

I agree with you 100% population base will shrink to what you say and getting rid of city west should be the highest priority…
Citywest cannot generate enough money to get up to date and pay those high city wages… The private sector needs to take over and bring Rupert up to date for internet, cell and cable services and realistic wages…

hmmmmmmmm wonder why the cost to run our city have gone up maybe it was to pay for ajayes pay raise that the city couldn’t afford but still gave to the city workers, here is a thought give back the pay raise and benefit increase ajaye and the city might be able to meet their expenditures

take it back i dont need money i rather have a peace of mind because i care about prince rupert
and it saddens me to see it falling apart i was brought up here my father came here with nothing
and we built our home here for the last 46 years its been called home and will always be that HOME.

[quote=“ajaye46”]take it back i dont need money i rather have a peace of mind because i care about prince rupert
and it saddens me to see it falling apart i was brought up here my father came here with nothing
and we built our home here for the last 46 years its been called home and will always be that HOME.[/quote]

1. I don’t think that taxes should be increased.

2. It is very difficult to understand your point of view at times, ajaye46. If possible, please attempt to use some basic punctuation, spelling, and grammar in your position statements.

I think what Ajaye meant to say is why don’t you raise his taxes so he can pay for the town as he seems to think everyone in Prince Rupert has a money tree growing in their backyard. AHHH hello in case you have not noticed Ajaye this town is sucking the money out of people and you know what… we only pay more money to fix our vehicles from the damage they sustain from driving on our shitty roads, So tell me how have we already benefited from our HIGH TAXES at this point.?

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

[quote=“PLA”]Property taxes have been rising every year to compensate the inefficiencies at the City Hall. At this rate, 20 years from now Rupert would have a population of present day Port Ed because middle-class homeowners, except those employed by the city, won’t able to afford to pay for all those wasteful spending.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh Ajaye. lol[/quote]

I agree with you 100% population base will shrink to what you say and getting rid of city west should be the highest priority…
Citywest cannot generate enough money to get up to date and pay those high city wages… The private sector needs to take over and bring Rupert up to date for internet, cell and cable services and realistic wages…[/quote]

On a perhaps contrarian view, Ajaye has made the very good point which is the infrastructure in Prince Rupert has been allowed to deteriorate to dangerous levels.

While I share the common reaction to his suggestion to raise taxes, I have to wonder why we are jumping all over him when we’ve allowed successive mayors and city councils to raise taxes virtually every year without holding them to account for how the money is being spent and also why they have not dealt with or budgeted for the significant backlog of infrastructure projects.

Ajaye is simply parroting the conventional wisdom at City Hall. If we don’t condemn the mayor and councils past and present, why would we ridicule a recreation worker for holding the same view point as his leaders, senior managers and supervisors in City Hall. I’d venture to say the culture at City Hall is the real problem and not Ajaye who is simply giving us insight into the culture and mindset of CityHall.

As for CityWest, at this point it’s still contributing to paying a reduced dividend to the City. Clearly the City’s investment in this company is at significant risk and will follow in the footsteps of the Uncollected tax fiasco from Skeena Pulp and the subsequent three ring circus with the China group but at this point, it is still contributing.

Frankly, I’ve come to the realization that strong financial management is not going to happen in the Rinse and that hard choices are not going to be made until this city is again forced into bankruptcy.

city taxes to low
by ajaye46 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

We need to raise the tax level in prince rupert the cost of opertions keeps going up as our infustructure keeps
i think we can do it before its to late like whats happening in the states.ajaye46

Plays a doctor on TV

You obviously dont own a house in town… It must be nice to yell raise the taxes when you dont have to pay . We house owners in Prince Rupert pay some of the highest taxes in all of North America, yet our city looks terrible. It must be nice to live in your world, you have an opinion about everything but more often than not you just come off as sounding ignorant.