Possibly stolen bikes

No.  :smiley:

I think I found the solution to the stolen bike problem!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/judgmentl/aminals/cat-invisible-bike.jpg

buy some of these!
ok, I know, its not caturday, but I couldn’t resist

The Judge

okey, i get it, Ive moved all my bikes into my backyard. I wont be lending them out anymore, I cant afford 6 much less 18 locks, and we certainly cant fit them in our house.

so, im sorry for all the trouble I caused, I wont bother you guys with my problems anymore, Ill find the last ones I can on my own, and not bother the police.

and I started on the “free bike for kids” idea about 2 years ago, not just when I needed a reason to get help finding a bike.I paid for all these bikes out of my pocket, not with a government cheque, not with donations, NOTHING but the money I EARNED working on bikes. so thanks to the 2 people who helped me with tips, and to the rest…blah…

btw: Judge_mental I love the pic…

end of line.

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

Hey Disappointed Dad

Kudos to you for trying to help out some kids.  Sorry about the bikes being stolen, and yes some parents do think that their kids are angels. I am not one of them, and my kid goes to Annunciation. Please don’t tar us all as bird brains some people do realize that bad kids are a fact of life even at the PRIVATE SCHOOL ( it really really isn’t and anyone who thinks so WAKE UP it is just another school who thinks ( for the most part the upper echolon) that they are a SUPERIOR SCHOOL. They only allow the BEST players on sports teams and wonder why no one wants to play them in Rupert. How the heck are the not so good players going to get better if they can’t try out and play for crying in the sink.  Anyway sorry for the rant and thanks for trying to help out the kids. perhaps people instead of slamming the guy we should have tried to offer some advice  If your not part of the solution then you are a part of the problem.  Don’t yell at me you guys just stating my lowly opinion for what it is worth.

You are more than welcome to your opinion.  Many of us did attempt to respond nicely to some of his other posts but he seemed to rarely respond with maturity.  I’m not saying what we did was right, but after so many times of honestly trying to help him, it was hard to not assume that this time he would get it - this time he wouldn’t take it personal when we suggested solutions to his problem - but he did (or seemed to have, anyways).  Again - not saying jumping on him with sarcasm and mockery was right - but after so many times of being slammed ourselves for trying to help, that is the avenue that many of us took. 

I personally don’t wish anything bad on him or his family - but I AM of the opinion that if you can’t take it, don’t dish it.

you need 1 of these  :laughing:

“but after so many times of being slammed ourselves for trying to help”

id like to see a quote or two that shows this?

im not denying it, but you understand Im dense and I dont know how to buy a lock or 18 of them, despite being told 12+ times to buy them.

Well actually you only need one lock, what you need is a fairly long length of chain to go with it,  and the problem would be solved for the short term anyways.

Yea, for the price bike locks are completely over-rated. It’s what—30 dollars for a decent bike lock that anyone with a pair of bolt cutters can get through?

As I suggested before, and as Podunkian has mention, but a few meters of good quality, large link chain. Small enough you can move it and it won’t damage the bike frames, but with large enough links that someone can’t just come along and snap through the thing. There ARE chains and padlocks out there that no bike thief can get through.

By all means, chat with the police about this issue, but you have to understand that just like us, they’re less likely to prioritize your stolen bikes if you’re constantly losing them.

Finally, please stop mentioning BC Housing and the fact you’re poor and trying to do good deeds and stuff. No one ever ripped on you for living in BC Housing, and no one accused you of buying the bikes with welfare checks–you brought all that into play.

Check the canadian tire website:
Supercycle 9-in. U-Lock

$9.99

Product #73-3305-4

even comes with two keys, so one to lend out with the bike if you insist on lending em out, and one to keep at home…now you paint a number on the keys and a matching number on the lock…keep the spares on a pegboard at home…voila

1. the bikes are being stored in backyard, locked gate.
  2. i posted on here to get tips on sightings, not “get a lock or a you to stupid/cheap to buy one”
  3. anything I said that was wrong, I apologise for.
  4. id like to drop the whole thread…please…i know I need to buy locks…I will when I can, until then I wont bother anyone.

I think the idea of offering to loan bikes to less fortunate kids is an awesome idea.  Free bike programes are working well in some parts europe and some US cities.  But they have some commonalities.  City or large organization run and controled,  the bikes are usually 1 or 2 speeds or very basic,  they are all the same and painted some odd or bright colour, and are for commuting. Also people know they are from that programe because it is well advertized.
Pretty cool concept, but I do not think it will work to well here,  too many hills and bad weather.  Picking a free bike up at the library, riding it down town, park it at a designated bike rack.  The idea of riding one back from down town,  well I don’t see it as an apealling concept, but bikes are not my thing.

For you Dissed Dad,  I say paint them all bright fluro orange,  the kids who really need/want to use a bike will and next time they update google earth you’ll find all your bikes.

I like that idea  :smiley: