Possible locations for new Emergency Building

Crazy Train I won’t quote you (too long) but I totally agree with you. We need to do whats best for the City in the long term,people need to quit boohooing and think of the future.

Bulldoze the tot park, fine. Not a really “community” project especially for the kids watching but okay, go ahead. I see emergency services are important. However, how about making a PROPER park, with PROPER fences and in a location that won’t get your kid slaughtered if he makes it past the fence (like on McBride).

I don’t care what anyone’s view on the emergency services is, bottom line is this city can’t lose anymore playgrounds. The kids need these areas to be kids! To be happy with other children.

It’s humerous how they’ve already started digging up the playground and haven’t made a peep of where the new park will be. Says alot to how much priority they’re giving it.

Why not next to the public works dept on wantage road ( the old drive in movie/trailer park site) It is not all muskeg and would not have traffic flow thru interrputed. I understand that the city owns this aread as well. So it would be cheaper than demolishing the mid city park and rebuilding would it not?

I’ve been told that the cost to prep this area is too high and that it’s a potential slide area making it impractical for a police/fire station.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]Bulldoze the tot park, fine. Not a really “community” project especially for the kids watching but okay, go ahead. I see emergency services are important. However, how about making a PROPER park, with PROPER fences and in a location that won’t get your kid slaughtered if he makes it past the fence (like on McBride).

I don’t care what anyone’s view on the emergency services is, bottom line is this city can’t lose anymore playgrounds. The kids need these areas to be kids! To be happy with other children.

It’s humerous how they’ve already started digging up the playground and haven’t made a peep of where the new park will be. Says alot to how much priority they’re giving it.[/quote]

I agree. We need more parks, better parks, not less. As far as I can tell the work being done now is the replacement of an old swing set.

I don’t all the details except about not having to cross a bridge … what about the old King Ed School Site … I know someone ones it … or at the five corners downtown by Park Avenue or by Roosevelt School the old campground area … there are no houses around there , fits in with the hospital and ambulance close by … privacy for the RCMP and its sort of mid town so its central …

What about the corner of third and micbride? or who own’s that property?

You wouldn’t want it on 3rd and McBride, its a very traffic congested area. That would be an accident waiting to happen, especially with how many drivers don’t obey the rules when it comes to emergency vehicles. I don’t mind if they build on the park and tennis court, but it would have to be written in a proposal that they would have to rebuild both in a reasonable amount of time.