Pizza Pockets and Tang

Mr. Pond’s house on Graham Avenue is very modest.  He and his wife have put a great deal of work into that house, most of which they have done with their own hands.  It is not full of expensive trinkets, if anyone happens to care.

Interesting… I am confused. I guess my bad luck in posting information about someone was that then that someone didn’t like what I posted about them so they had a hissy fit, called it libel and wanted to sue. I suppose people are safe as long as one doesn’t pursue libel action?

Whaty?

…________
…,.-‘â€

What is exactly the libel people are talking about here?  Eccentric himself insists there is no libel.  Was something written that isn’t factually correct, or are you just disagreeing with an opinion?

Again, I see no difference between the original post here and the posts by Saltybear.

If someone wants to call a lawyer and sue Justin Case for libel, go for it. 

Stop complaining and move on already.  Otherwise, I want to hear you complaining about Saltybear as well.

As usual, that’s not what I said. I just got the words mixed up.

Mayor Pond didn’t, as JustinCase suggested, fill up his house with trinkets from China and not bring much else back–not only that, but the mention of the place he lives is insulting and offensive to anyone else who lives in the area.

If Saltybear is insulting people, then yea, throw those posts in the Wasteland where they belong.

[quote=“eccentric”]
As usual, that’s not what I said. I just got the words mixed up.[/quote]

You seemed pretty adamant that it was slander, not libel.  That’s the irony of this thread,  BTW, is that you are making some basic errors in your attempt to paint the first post as “pretty low quality.”  It’s funny.

I don’t see anywhere where it says Herb Pond (not the Mayor anymore, in case you haven’t heard) filled his house with trinket from China.  Go back and read it again.  Come back and tell me why you think that is libel (or slander, as you insist).

Mentioning that Herb Pond lives on Graham Avenue is insulting and offensive?  That’s your complaint?  Wow, know who else lives on Graham Avenue? 

I don’t think either belong there.  It’s an opinion of a public figure. 

Eccentric, you have this habit of taking a post that would be forgotten and ignored and making everyone in the world read it.  It’s awesome.  You keep things on the front page when you try to get rid of them.  Our own little Streisand effect.

This thread would have died long ago if you hadn’t insisted on it dying!  Heh.

I believe that eccentric extrapolated Justin Case’s running commentary of China, the villages and such and then the one line that might be a bit out of bounds, suggesting that he filled his house with trinkets.  Oirigin unknown?

Suggesting such an action, without first hand knowledge is but mere speculation, probably not libel, and perhaps upon reflection something that Justin Case might wish to redo, it does take away from the main thrust of his argument regarding politicians who travel.

But yes Mig you’re right, the longer eccentric focuses on the one point of the debate the longer the examination of it and other points will continue, if I were a politician I would probably hope that eccentric was not my PR guy, as keeping the controversy alive isn’t exactly helpful to the overall cause of getting ones message across. 

Look I am so sorry for writing something which I feel, I have never claimed to be a good writer . I do not and did not mean it as slander nor being libel, So to anyone I have upset , I am sorry and I will make every effort to refrain from such posts.

Well Eso, I won’t even ask what that little etchasketch  is, I can use my imagination though :imp:  This has gotten way out of hand. A person can not air an opinion, a pretty accurate assessment about the lack of work done for this town by our last Mayor and everyone is talking slander and libel. Get a grip and look around the town and tell us , What did he do for us? In a positive way?  Justin Case has been in this town awhile and knows more about the ins and outs than most of us would ever even care to know. Move on, so he has a modest house that he built with his lily whites, did that make him a great Mayor …NOT!!!  

I am NOT laughing out loud.  :smiley: If you could not air your very interesting views, you would explode and who would come and clean your house???

Dont ever apologize for voicing your opinion…some people just dont like what people like me and you have to say.  We are opinionated…we are passionate…we have integrity.
Never ever apologize for those character traits my friend…
Keep up the good work…

Also, some people can’t tell when others are exaggeration or are sarcastic.

Don’t think it was sarcasm or an exaggeration, and nor do I agree with Mcsash that saying “it’s my opinion” excuses any comments–but I’m done.

[quote=“Eso”]
…________
…,.-‘â€[/quote]

Good post Chris.
You have said what I’m sure alot of us have thought …
Think were about 54mins…and still no wasteland.

google.com/images?q=facepalm

Lots to choose from.

You have to wait til the end, but this one sums things up nicely…