Pizza Hut checking out old epicurean building

A friend of mine used to work for Tolsec back when they rented space in that building. Basically he had a desk in an area between the sound booths. I went there to visit one time in my uniform and one of the DJ’s pulled me aside. He explained that there had been a break in and a video camera had gone missing. He wondered if I would help him play a prank on the new guy and would I go arrest him for the crime. Of course I couldn’t resist so away I went. I’ll never forget the look on the guys face…lol

Mike

Angelo’s Pizza. Good pizza. I don’t eat alot of pizza, I guess others didn’t at the time either  :laughing:

Yep, Angelo’s was run by the son of Kathy and Gus who had the Epicurean…and Gus had that pizza place on the corner across the road from Tim Horton’s…Wasn’t it called Zorba’s???

It still is called Zorbas, and it’s the only one of those places that is still open. 

The place you’re referring to is where Herby’s is now.  It was called Nick’s Pizza.  Zorba’s was originally on 3rd Avenue where Lee and Ann’s is now.

Really??  How long ago was that?

Nick’s pizza went bankrupt around 15 - 20 years ago , Gus ran it into the ground and screwed his partners , just like he did with the Epicurian and angelo’s, they ran both restaurants into the ground and skimmed the money and owed GST for years until the banks closed him down

I remember quite vividly going into the old Zorba’s in around 1991-92.  That was when Anton first took it over.  I beleive that he jsut worked for the old owners before buying it.

Just thought I would rez this thread. There is now an ad in the paper for management candidates. “A New Restaurant is coming soon to Prince Rupert”.

The slogan under the title is “Great things Start Here”. Searching that on google it comes up with KFC, TacoBell, and Pizza Hut. I guess this is the pizza hut the OP said was checking out space in town.

They’re fishing for a su… uh, a upstanding, moneyed businessman to fly the Pizza flag for the right price! Good luck to 'em. We’re all prostitutes …  :imp:

This statement is not true… grande prarie has 3 tim hortons… and they want to open 2 more… problem being, they cant find people to work at them so tim hortons francise said no.  Hell they even pay $18/hr… and still cant find employees.

Same thing with retail there… because of the opportunities on the rigs and such, no one wants to work in a mall for $16-22 an hour.

Pizza Hut is coming to town. They’ve purchased a building and hope to be open before summer. They’re hiring management and supervisors now.

going to be upstairs of the mall good location to use old cable building

Boston Pizza might be looking into the old DQ building too.

Pizza hut is going in the old Skeena Broadcasters building.  they are doing the renos now…and guess what they found as an extra bonus…walls full of Asbestos. 

Well that’ll give us a pizza that Terrace can’t compete with…