Photo Database

Hello, I am doing a great project with allot of photos. (Pictorgraphs/Petroglyphs). I need to put a description with the photos. (But not on the picture) Does anyone know of a photo program where I could do this? A thumbnail picture with the description underneath. And enlarge from thumbnail.

If you have your own server, try gallery ( gallery.sourceforge.net/ ) – it’s what a lot of us use for our photo albums. Does exactly what you want it to do:

menino.com/photos is my example

Or if you don’t have your own server, try signing up for a free flickr account ( flickr.com ).

That’s some good info Mig, thanks. Buuuuuut, I have this one compute that’s just for photos, something that won’t be online. Just for in-office use. (When we have out of town guest that want to view some photos and it will all be ready when needed.

:smiley:

Have you tried Pixpo?

I use iPhoto on the Mac for this very purpose. I think there are other programs that do this on Windows too – maybe Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements or something like that?

I found something the works fine. It’s called FXFoto. It is also free. Good enough and thankx Mig. :smiley:

I’m a lazy bastard still using coppermine. What’s the difference with gallery and is it as easy to setup?