Petronas silence on B.C. LNG

[quote=“PLA”]Well, that sucks. Never knew PM Razak’s scandals could possibly put the brakes on Petronas’ BC LNG project.

Thanks for your insight, Tom.[/quote]

Thanks. My opinion is that this B.C. LNG project would be beneficial to Canada in the long term. But hurdles keep piling up, an I just can’t be optimistic any more that this project will happen.

Here’s more recent updates to OP’s article. Pay attention, the remarks about Malaysia are very accurate. Crackdown time, with the government in panic mode:

princegeorgecitizen.com/opin … -1.2022365

Yes, 1MDB may very well derail this B.C. LNG project.

Also, dox on my earlier comment that the Chairman of Petronas is a key advisor on the 1MDB Board of Advisors:

1mdb.com.my/governance/board-of-advisors

(Look for YBHG TAN SRI MOHD SIDEK HASSAN - Chairman of Petronas, near top of the page.)

I don’t really know what to say. The only official lines that we have heard is that there has been a decision to begin the PNW LNG project if the federal environmental assessment indicates that it is ok to do so. While that is still far from certain, everything else is speculation.

Id be interested in knowing how Japex, Sinopec, Indian Oil, PetroleumBrunei, etc would feel about this. I believe that they have a stake of about 40% in PNW LNG. Any insight on that Tom K.?

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Tom K”]
I encourage dissent, freedom of speech, opposing opinions, and vigorous debate. [/quote]

Welcome to HTMF, Tom K. We value the same things here on our forum.[/quote]

Thanks hitest.

Let’s take it one step further. Let’s ban oil pipelines, because, you know, they might leak. What are you? Pro-leak? Surely you support no leaky oil pipelines?

Lets ban children as well. If children didnt exist neither would paedophiles… Are you with us or the paedophiles?

No… you arent with the paedophiles? oh you must be with the abortionists then… Why do you want to kill all our babies?

May as well be like the U.S. And bear arms to protect ourselves from the government. They’re are biggest worry after all, right? :-/

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

[quote=“Crazy Train”]May as well be like the U.S. And bear arms to protect ourselves from the government. They’re are biggest worry after all, right? :-/

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”[/quote]

they are a far bigger worry than terrorists. The RCMP have killed more innocent people in canada than terrorists in the past 10 years.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“Crazy Train”]May as well be like the U.S. And bear arms to protect ourselves from the government. They’re are biggest worry after all, right? :-/

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”[/quote]

they are a far bigger worry than terrorists. The RCMP have killed more innocent people in canada than terrorists in the past 10 years.[/quote]

Is that a fact? I’m not going to get into the RCMP debate with you because that is an entirely different issue, although I’ll say that despite having the odd a-hole cop, the RCMP has my full support.

Are you suggesting that in 2015 that terrorism in Canada is not a reality? We have people who are Canadian that have bought into extremism and have or are planning to go over seas and help with the mass killings of innocent people. There have been attacks or plans of attacks on our soil. The threat to our security has not been as real since perhaps WWII. Do we stand by, turn a blind eye allow it to happen and be reactive? All of you that don’t like Stephen Harper now, and there are lots of you, would like him even less if he failed to protect Canadians and we had a 9/11 type of incident on our own soil.

There may be bigger concerns than terrorists but I’ve never thought that we should pick and chooser hey battles that are important to us.

straight.com/news/504001/mal … -lng-dream

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

Id be interested in knowing how Japex, Sinopec, Indian Oil, PetroleumBrunei, etc would feel about this. I believe that they have a stake of about 40% in PNW LNG. Any insight on that Tom K.?[/quote]

You may have missed my question, TomK. Any thoughts or insight on what the partners with Petronas in PNW LNG might be thinking? Have they made any comments? With their stake in the project could it still move ahead despite the potential challenges?

The other venture partners are totally silent. Petronas is the driver in this entire project. If Petronas does not go ahead with an FID (Final Investment Decision) and decides to back out, then this B.C. LNG project is dead in the water.

Bear in mind, the global price of LNG has been cut in half in the last year. That will have bearing on the FID.

Large LNG projects such as this are planned for 30 year or so life span. It can weather short term price fluctuations.

But I still am pessimistic that this will go through. For more on my thoughts about LNG and my consistent predictions of an impending global LNG glut, see my comments here (on another forum) :

oilpro.com/links/detail/20490/ja … ment-38861

And more specific to this BC project:

oilpro.com/links/detail/20434/ma … ment-38845

I don’t know if anyone can verify this, but I have read that there has been activity over on Lelu island.

weeks back there were Surveyors over in the area could be environmental assessment teams still doing their stuff ?

Unconfirmed press release; details are sketchy:

brazilbusiness.einnews.com/pr_ne … lpg-export

B.C. LNG INFRASTRUCTURE BUILD COMMENCES:Roads- Airport -Radar- Pipelines-AltaGas(T-ALA)Picks B.C.LPG export site

“The recent series of announcements detailed in this news release in my opinion heralds the beginning of the transportation infrastructure build required to support B.C. LNG in the North Coast region”

— CEO, Victor Byrant

VANCOUVER, B.C., CANADA, August 6, 2015 /EINPresswire.com/ – #600 – 625 Howe Street, Vancouver, B. C. V6C 2T6 Ph: (604) 683-6648 Fax: (604) 683-1350

NEWS RELEASE
TSX.V: HBK
Frankfurt: V7O

B.C. LNG INFRASTRUCTURE BUILD COMMENCES: -Roads-Airport-Radar Stations-Pipelines; AltaGas Propane Export Site Lined Up

Vancouver, B.C. – August 6, 2015 - Highbank Resources Ltd. (TSX.V –“HBK”), (the “Company”)

Here ya go:

m.lngworldnews.com/#newsitem-164890

[quote]Petronas-led Pacific NorthWest LNG project in Canada said it will be conducting further investigative work on overall project design this summer and fall.

The work will include collecting bore hole samples on Lelu Island, and in the marine environment and near shore in the area where the marine infrastructure is proposed to be located, Pacific NorthWest LNG said on Monday.

“The investigative work is not the start of construction, nor is it related to the regulatory process,” it added. …[/quote]

More hiccups, more background to this story, and a confirmation that Bernama (the official news agency of the Malaysian government) misreported the startup date and omitted key information:

oilpro.com/links/20740/malaysia- … project-bc