Petronas silence on B.C. LNG

m.thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/08/04/ … on-BC-LNG/

n

Lol…still looking for trouble aren’t you “allycat1521”? And quoting an article in the Tyee, who are pro NDP.

what part of waiting for the CEA report before any decision don’t you understand? all the media is doing is speculating including the rag, um opinion, of the Tyee

Fair is fair. There are several of you that post pro LNG comments here on HTMF. So allycat1521 can voice his/her cautionary report. The pro LNG comments are not bias free. Just my two cents worth.

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

n

Lol…still looking for trouble aren’t you “allycat1521”? And quoting an article in the Tyee, who are pro NDP.[/quote]

And the article you probably want to go with is the Petronas handout propaganda reprinted in the View on page 9 that says they will be breaking ground in September.

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

n

Lol…still looking for trouble aren’t you “allycat1521”? And quoting an article in the Tyee, who are pro NDP.[/quote]

Adding a voice that expresses an opinion contrary to your own is “looking for trouble”? More likely looking for a level of open discussion….ooops, another pro NDP sentiment?

Realistically, I think persuasive argument from either side should be welcomed….out right dismissal does little good. How about presenting a compelling argument to support your pro-Liberal views :smile:

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

n

so because Gracies Mom posted an article about silence of Petronas makes her a pro NDP’er and a trouble maker what a joke… this town is pro NDP and has been for an eternity…

Yes, to our detriment.

I cannot think of anything positive that the ndp has brought to our riding, even in the years that they were in power provincially. We finally have prosperity at our doorstep and the ndp strong hold is calling for the heads of Christy Clark and Stephen Harper. It blows my mind.

The BC economy will likely improve if the LNG industry takes off. Clark is betting the farm on that one. LNG isn’t a sure thing yet.
By all accounts Harper’s economic strategy has been a dismal failure. I guess we should take it on faith that he will fix things once he’s elected? He won’t get my vote in October.

[quote=“hitest”]

The BC economy will likely improve if the LNG industry takes off. Clark is betting the farm on that one. LNG isn’t a sure thing yet.
By all accounts Harper’s economic strategy has been a dismal failure. I guess we should take it on faith that he will fix things once he’s elected? He won’t get my vote in October.[/quote]

This shouldn’t be just about BC or even Canada. This is about Prince Rupert and the Northwest and in some regards the Northeast as well. This region has a chance of an even greater economic future than ever hoped. This started Federally under the Liberals and have continued with the Conservatives, and Provincially under the Liberals. I’m not a supporter of any political party, I vote for who ever I believe will be good for our riding. I will admit I was drawn into the “Orange Crush” under Jack Layton. But I would not vote for Nathan this time because of Tom Mulcair, I don’t trust him. I believe the NDP will be bad for this region, Federally and Provincially. Much of Prince Rupert’s jobs are directly and indirectly linked to shipping of resources and product from BC and the Prairies. I also believe if done correctly LNG will be good for Rupert and the Northwest. This towns present and future is all dependant on our port and what it provides for us and others.

[quote=“hitest”]

By all accounts Harper’s economic strategy has been a dismal failure. I guess we should take it on faith that he will fix things once he’s elected? He won’t get my vote in October.[/quote]

Betting the farm? I don’t quite get that one. Our Premier is trying to get the LNG industry up an running with all kinds of challenges. Taxation demands from industry, First Nations issues, environmental extremism, competition from other nations, constant bashing and pressures from the electorate and it’s being said that she’s get the farm on this? Such good negativity towards our government who is having to deal with all kinds of challenges in order to get this off the ground? Yet the ndp figure that they could do better. I highly doubt it.

Harper has had to endure global economic uncertainty and has done a fine job of navigating us through some tough years. His party will get my vote.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

By all accounts Harper’s economic strategy has been a dismal failure. I guess we should take it on faith that he will fix things once he’s elected? He won’t get my vote in October.

Betting the farm? I don’t quite get that one. Our Premier is trying to get the LNG industry up an running with all kinds of challenges. Taxation demands from industry, First Nations issues, environmental extremism, competition from other nations, constant bashing and pressures from the electorate and it’s being said that she’s get the farm on this? Such good negativity towards our government who is having to deal with all kinds of challenges in order to get this off the ground? Yet the ndp figure that they could do better. I highly doubt it.

Harper has had to endure global economic uncertainty and has done a fine job of navigating us through some tough years. His party will get my vote.[/quote]

I guess your OK with Harper selling off Canada piece by piece . Opening Canada parks and farming land to the highest bidder (china) and Bill c51 and bill c 24 you ok with those too. yep he does not get my vote and im not alone either people are pissed off with the loss of rights and freedoms.

Bills c51 and c24? You’re damned right that I support those Bills. The people are worried about CSIS having access to your personal information but have you seen the crap that people put on Facebook willingly? The government is doing this to protect the interests and security of us all. I’m sure they don’t want to do it but Al Qaeda, ISIS and Islamic extremists aren’t giving them much choice. There is a huge percentage of the worlds population that is dedicated to the destruction of our society. The government can do whatever they think they need to do to keep us safe, in my opinion.

people can have pro or con opinions on LNG but don’t post links to a rag like the Tyee, if most energy experts can decide if the world will need more LNG or less LNG, each week there are different reports, then to presume that LNG is not coming because of a silence from Petronas, plz lets get real, it is like listening to Bill O’reilly on fox and taking a grain of truth and make it sound like it is 100% of the way he presents it is true. and for the record maybe only those that will be affected by LNG should write articles on it, what ppl outside of our region says I don’t give a crap, just like the trans mountain pipeline project, i don’t give a crap about it let vancouverites worry about it

vancouversun.com/touch/story … d=11265838

Hi, noob on this forum… Been lurking on and off on threads about this LNG project, and finally registered today, in order to comment.

I’ve been in Malaysia oil and gas for 15 years. While I can’t really comment on the Canadian politics in the article posted by alleycat, I will say the bits about Malaysia are dead right.

For about a year, I’ve been following this B.C. LNG project headed by Petronas. My opinion, it’s going to stall out.

Bernama is the state-owned news propaganda media, so take any of their press releases with a few grains of salt.

The Ringgit is crashing, and Petronas is under pressure to keep the local RAPID project going in Southern Malaysia, to keep local Malaysian oil & gas service companies busy. With the 1MDB fiasco, Petronas will probably be less likely to be willing to invest large amounts of capex in Canada.

By the way, the Chairman of Petronas is one of the chief Advisors on the 1MDB Board of Advisors.

Let me spell out the politics of 1MDB, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, and Petronas. And how it may impact this B.C. LNG project.

The Malaysia Prime Minister is also the Finance Minister. The Prime Minister heads the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).

1MDB reports directly and only to the Prime Minister’s Office.

Petronas reports directly and only to the Prime Minister’s Office.

1MDB has already been late making payments on its debts. Current estimates are that 1MDB is beween USD $10 billion and $15 billion in debt, and is struggling to keep from defaulting.

In the past, failed government projects have been bailed out using Petronas cash reserves, to the tune of hundreds of millions of USD. No reason why Petronas cash reserves won’t be tapped to bail out 1MDB. The problem is, this time, it’s $10 billion needed.

The Prime Minister has the final say over both Petronas and 1MDB funds. So if 1MDB needs bailing out, a likely scenario is the Prime Minister taking cash from Peter (Petronas) to pay Paul (1MDB).

Making sense now, why Petronas is so quiet recently about this B.C. LNG project? Especially since the B.C. government convened a special sitting during summer recess, specifically to address this LNG project.

You’re probably thinking FFS, wall of text from a noob. Must be trolling.

Well, I’m a moderator on Oilpro:
oilpro.com/tomkirkman

So I’m used to cleaning up derails, banning spammers and scammers, and generally trying to keep discussions civil.

I encourage dissent, freedom of speech, opposing opinions, and vigorous debate. But trolling is reserved for /b/.

[quote=“Tom K”]
I encourage dissent, freedom of speech, opposing opinions, and vigorous debate. [/quote]

Welcome to HTMF, Tom K. We value the same things here on our forum.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]
Harper has had to endure global economic uncertainty and has done a fine job of navigating us through some tough years. [/quote]

Here is a contrary point of view to your optimistic appraisal of the economy.

Jim Stanford separates rhetoric from reality on the Harper economic record

Looks like it’s not only Petronas that is silent now!!

Well, that sucks. Never knew PM Razak’s scandals could possibly put the brakes on Petronas’ BC LNG project.

Thanks for your insight, Tom.