Peg Legs

Any word on how the soft opening is going at peg legs tonight ?

Perhaps there will even be a mayor spotting!

mayor spotting might drive people away…

I was kind of hoping as this is a big deal for Rupert that someone in the know would keep us updated on their progress! Really wish them the best of luck but keep us in the loop guys ! BTW, I hope you will be serving more than oysters! What will the menu consist of? And when will this episode air?

How? Most people won’t know who he is?

yah mikee…EVERYone knows who he is…and after the continued deimse/downfall of the rupe and the lambasting of the recycling pioneer people probably wouldnt want to break bread with the likes of jacko…

Mcsash you have always been so rough on the edges , thats what I like about you .

[quote=“Justin Case”]

Mcsash you have always been so rough on the edges , thats what I like about you .[/quote]

He’s not rough on the edges. He just pretends to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I have to assume by the recent posts that no one is too interested! Too bad I guess, but I still wish them all the best and still hope someone in the know will post something other than whether our dumb-ass Emperor showed ! If it was a chance for a photo op and for him to flap his lips, of course he would be there !!

if you were worried about the opening get the name right. its daves oyster bar. never even heard of this chef or show b4 all this started either and i do watch the food network on occasion.
but i honestly dont think it will be a way to keep the business going might help for the first month after the intial buzz is over but it will still just be another restaurant in town with a depressed economy.

if they want the restaurant to survive they should have taken the room from hollywood video to get the place more room and display it self from the street more

[quote=“decker”]

if you were worried about the opening get the name right. its daves oyster bar. never even heard of this chef or show b4 all this started either and i do watch the food network on occasion.
but i honestly dont think it will be a way to keep the business going might help for the first month after the intial buzz is over but it will still just be another restaurant in town with a depressed economy.

if they want the restaurant to survive they should have taken the room from hollywood video to get the place more room and display it self from the street more[/quote]

LOL - a 6000 sq/ft location thats could seat 200, in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Or , an intimate waterfront setting, in the middle of the tourist section, with an easy manageable seating of 50. Hmmmm, in a depressed Rupert economy for a start up restaurant, got any money YOU want to invest?

Just caught the tail end of an interview on our news with Chef Adjey. The soft opening is tonite I gather and apparently their chef has already walked off the job! I hope all goes well for Marika and Dave as they are such hard workers and have tried different ventures in Rupert, let’s hope this one is the charm, they deserve it for persistance alone ! Good Luck guys and have fun ! Will look forward to your episode next year !

Their chef has already walked off the job!!! That’s always great…a restaurant without a chef. Poor people.

If you actually watch “The Opener,” it’s all too common for the kitchen staff to squak and squabble with Chef Adjey as well as others. Opening a business with an outsider’s help isn’t easy, especially an outsider who has a lot more authority and experience than everyone else.

Having Chef Adjey help out will definitely add something that no other restaurant in this town has ever had - National advertizing. Instead of being negative about everything, and condemning this business from the start, how about you check it out for yourselves once it’s open. Until then, you really have no right to bitch do you???

[quote=“smartass”]If you actually watch “The Opener,” it’s all too common for the kitchen staff to squak and squabble with Chef Adjey as well as others. Opening a business with an outsider’s help isn’t easy, especially an outsider who has a lot more authority and experience than everyone else.

Having Chef Adjey help out will definitely add something that no other restaurant in this town has ever had - National advertizing. Instead of being negative about everything, and condemning this business from the start, how about you check it out for yourselves once it’s open. Until then, you really have no right to bitch do you???[/quote]

2 THUMBS UP

So uhh are they gonna serve stuff other than seafood? I hate seafood but am longing for good restaurant food which this town is in serious short supply of.