Ottawa enforces rare law to halt "Buy America" @ PR Terminal

^ lol

I think this one is getting really old : it’s one of the few times I disagree with Nathan Cullen

NDP Love them or hate them : my cat could run under the NDP Banner in this riding and would win …

Pretty much what people say about the Conservatives in every federal riding in Alberta (sans Edmonton). lol

There was a very interesting opinion piece in the Vancouver Sun about a week ago. The President of the Canadian Steel Workers had some very interesting things to say about Ottawa’s stance on using US steel on a dock which is being paid by US taxpayers. One of the points being that the Canada Government is currently building a bridge that may be using US steel (the article is not clear on this point - it simply says that there is not requirement to use CDN steel). The bridge is a $5 Billion project which makes it just a bit larger than the Alaska Ferry Dock. Other instances of using foreign steel are mentioned in the article.

So, I guess the Conservatives are in election mode and showing that only they can defend Canada.

I could not find the original article from the Vancouver Sun, but the Steelworkers have a website which has published an article that pretty much states the same thing.

usw.ca/media/news/in?id=0249