Occupy Lelu Island

But I thought it’s a gated community…

1 Like

yep protesters are being paid about 200 a day supposedly, gated community indeed but lots of eel grass to smoke

I would like to know who us actually funding this.

If I were to guess it would be an environmental group

A friend who went out there to get a pay check instead of collecting EI said that Skeena Wild funded $60 000 for one of the shacks. I also heard that there was previous funding as well but don’t know who from. I hope they are claiming these personal incomes on their taxes.

I am courious to know were all their sewage is going. On the beach? In the forest? Feeding it to the salmon they are protecting? Or are they packing it all out? I doubt it.

Must be nice to get paid to camp. They have a GoFund or some other funding site set up, last I looked it was around $7000. I’m just curious about the outside influences. The sewer issue is a good point.

well they will be in shock once petronas gets the go ahead from the CEA and the port finally decides to kick them off lelu

They are just waiting for the paperwork the be faxed. Remember those fax machines with the blue ink? The paper smell nice.

1 Like

Betchel has the contract to build so just waiting for CEA to say go for it and that should be soon unless they delay it again

Well, if it’s the works of the protest campers nearby, then they shouldn’t expect to win further support for their cause:

[quote=“Prince Rupert RCMP”]Damage to Property over $5000

Prince Rupert

2015-11-27 15:14 PST

File # 2015-8866 Prince Rupert RCMP

The Prince Rupert RCMP received a complaint with regards to damage to property and theft of items from a Telemetry Station that is located at the entrance of the Porpoise Channel adjacent to Lelu Island.

Photo of equipment with batteries and solar pannels missing map of Lelu Island, circled where the theft and mischief took place

The damage / theft appears to have occurred on or about September 29th, 2015. Two batteries were stolen along with two solar panels.

Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating the individual(s) that are responsible for the damage / theft. If you have information you are asked to contact the Prince Rupert RCMP at 250-627-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Released by

Cpl. D.J. (Dave) Tyreman

District Advisory NCO (Media Relations)
North District
4020 5th Avenue, Prince George B.C. V2M 7E7
Office: 250-561-3166
Cell: 250-301-3521
Email: dave.tyreman@rcmp-grc.gc.ca[/quote]

src: http://princerupert.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=2087&languageId=1&contentId=44179

1 Like