Oasis apartments

I am possibly renting there and noticed that “wireless internet” is included.

Can anyone comment on the speed/caps?

I’m presently renting in another city and get 120k/s download if i’m lucky and am hoping for an upgrade.

I can’t comment on the speed, etc. of the connection, but it was free and you got what you paid for. JK. The fact that it was free was cool, but it WAS horribly inconsistent.

A friend of mine living there likes the apts but the ‘free’ wireless sucks, so don’t use that as the incentive to move there…
You can also get better rents elsewhere to more than make up for paying for your own internet…

Thanks for the info. I’m looking from afar and it seems like a decent place to start, I will have a better look around once I’m settled in town.

It’s a nice enough place. It’s far from downtown though, although, you can walk anywhere in less than a half hour ish. Depending on how in shape you are.

Yeah it usually takes me around 15 or 20 min. But the Oasis suck plus its a baby factory.

I don’t have lots of experience with the local apts but I have a friend living in the SLUMS behind McDonald’s by the old Digby Tower - stay away from there unless you like fire alarms in the middle of the night, fights in the hallways routine on weekends, blood on the hallway walls, half the lights burnt out, garbage all over and lil rugrats running wild at all hours. This is a really crappy place and just cause they renovated it does not make it worth $675 or whatever they were last asking. Owned by Macro who has yet to fulfill their promise of upgrading the outside let alone maintaining the interior!

There are not many apt options in town here and if you happen to have a pet cross most of them off the list. Most of them remain full or if you call and ask they say they are full until they can get a good look at you. Your best bet when in town is to go see Judy at the property mgt place and get a list of rentals. She is up by the Bargain store on 3rd ave.

Why not keep applying here…betcha get a response!

Thanks for all the information, I’ll surely look here and speak with Judy as well when I’m ready to move. Photoguy’s house looks pretty nice too, once i’m in the market :smile:

My friend is in a quiet wing of the place but I have to agree. “Baby Factory” applies to much of the larger Apt Blocks in Town. Avoid Macro if you can, they are never consistant. I know for a fact that if you are a good tenant you will have no problems finding a good Apt with Judy. Heating costs are high esp with gas heat, so look for something insulated well, or heat included is better still.

I’ve known a few people who’ve lived in Skyline manor, across from the hospital. It’s a very quiet place. Except the Ambulance taking off with sirens once and a while.
I don’t know who the managers are any more though, unfortunately.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]I’ve known a few people who’ve lived in Skyline manor, across from the hospital. It’s a very quiet place. Except the Ambulance taking off with sirens once and a while.
I don’t know who the managers are any more though, unfortunately.[/quote]

That block is good however the building is having extensive repairs done to roughly half of the property due storm damage in October. It wont be open to new tenants for a long time, unless a unit in the occupied half becomes available. After repairs it should be pretty nice… The cliffside below this block is also good and is handled by Gord at Real Estate Executives… There are a few good apt blocks the smaller ones but avoid the larger blocks. Harbour Side by 7-11 is okay more modern than some places but some say the heat costs are high, location is great if you work down town…

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]I’ve known a few people who’ve lived in Skyline manor, across from the hospital. It’s a very quiet place. Except the Ambulance taking off with sirens once and a while.
I don’t know who the managers are any more though, unfortunately.[/quote]

YEah, it’s being fixed up. They found asbestos while fixing it up, so it’s going to take a long time.

made me think of this song (and also the Meat Beat Manifesto cover)