Nothern Exposure 2013: Male and Female Local Nude Calendar

NORTHERN EXPOSURE 2013: LOCAL NUDE CALENDER
These are available now! There is a Male Edition as well as a Female Edition. The two 12 month Calendars feature Local Nudes with Tattoos, and each model has included a write-up.They are available for pick up at three different locations: Wicked Addiction Tattoo Studio, Eddies News, and Liquor Warehouse. You can also contact me personally and I am able to mail them out. You can reach me at nakkitat@hotmail.com.

The proceeds of this calendar go towards progressing local artists through support of the studio and equipment purchases. Please show your support for local artists and buy a calendar for Christmas!

FEMALES FEATURING:
January Darryl Ann Anderson
February Crystal Sawatzky
March Katie Carter
April Alysha May DaCosta
May Huk Dzap
June Kyrie-Lynn Edwards
July Violet Beatrice
August Moma-Sue
September Nicole Bennett
October Veronique Hachey
November Sarah Wampler
December Meghann O’Brien

MALES FEATURING:
January John Muhic
February Dylan Sidoni
March Patrick Tutin
April Elijah Mann
May Nate Wilson
June Tyler Meers
July Kendal Shepard
August Lloyd Doolan
September Mike Parnell
October Vaughn New
November Mark Taylor
December Roger Basso

Northern Exposure 2013 Artist Statement

Art is an expression of oneself. One thing I learned in art school is that anyone
can appreciate anything. Make things that make you happy and the audience will
form naturally. I believe the people around you are the most important aspect of
your life, and if I was going to make art I wanted to be spending time with people,
I did not want to be alone in the studio. I wanted my work to reach as many people
as possible, through individuals involved.

With this Calendar I am interested in people and their stories. Tattoos are like
journals, theyʼre personal… full of inside stories, inside jokes, family, and friends;
each one a new chapter. They hold traditions, culture, and reflect society. A tattoo
transforms an individual. It allows them to become an individual.

The relationship between the artist and the person being tattooed is sacred. It is
only that person, and the artist creating an idea and making it last on the human
body. A permanent message, memory, and reason stuck in time. The pain you
endure while getting tattooed reflects on weather or not you deserve the ink. It is
a process, a transformation. You transform your mind, your body and will never be
the same as you were prior to the tattoo.

The reason for the nudity is so that it is honest. There is nothing but the story you
wrote for yourself put out into the open. The story is there for everyone to see, on
your body through your expression of your body. These photographs were taken
with little to no direction. I set up the necessary equipment and explained my vision
as best as possible. Each model went through this process differently. Some needed more direction then others and for most this was the first time posing for the camera.

From the first moment the robe drops to the last photograph taken. The anxiety,
nervousness, and stiffness became looser and more accepting, willing and proud as
more photographs were taken. The body becomes comfortable with itself, unclothed and honest revealing the deeper layers of oneself. Itʼs poetry written with images and the human form. Like a word using letters from the alphabet, the human body made of the same body parts, saying something different. Each tattoo reveals the mind, and how it expresses oneself.

• nakkita trimble

THE CALENDARS WILL BE ON SALE FOR CHRISTMAS STARTING DECEMBER 12, 2012! PICK ONE UP FOR SOMEONES STOCKING! EACH CALENDAR WILL BE $20.00 AND ARE AVAILABLE AT WICKED ADDICTION TATTOO STUDIO, EDDIES NEWS, AND LIQUOR WAREHOUSE.

Art is an expression of oneself. One thing I learned in art school is that anyone
can appreciate anything. Make things that make you happy and the audience will
form naturally. I believe the people around you are the most important aspect of
your life, and if I was going to make art I wanted to be spending time with people,
I did not want to be alone in the studio. I wanted my work to reach as many people
as possible, through individuals involved.

With this Calendar I am interested in people and their stories. Tattoos are like
journals, theyʼre personal… full of inside stories, inside jokes, family, and friends;
each one a new chapter. They hold traditions, culture, and reflect society. A tattoo
transforms an individual. It allows them to become an individual.

The relationship between the artist and the person being tattooed is sacred. It is
only that person, and the artist creating an idea and making it last on the human
body. A permanent message, memory, and reason stuck in time. The pain you
endure while getting tattooed reflects on weather or not you deserve the ink. It is
a process, a transformation. You transform your mind, your body and will never be
the same as you were prior to the tattoo.

The reason for the nudity is so that it is honest. There is nothing but the story you
wrote for yourself put out into the open. The story is there for everyone to see, on
your body through your expression of your body. These photographs were taken
with little to no direction. I set up the necessary equipment and explained my vision
as best as possible. Each model went through this process differently. Some needed
more direction then others and for most this was the first time posing for the camera.
From the first moment the robe drops to the last photograph taken. The anxiety,
nervousness, and stiffness became looser and more accepting, willing and proud as
more photographs were taken. The body becomes comfortable with itself, unclothed
and honest revealing the deeper layers of oneself. Itʼs poetry written with images
and the human form. Like a word using letters from the alphabet, the human body
made of the same body parts, saying something different. Each tattoo reveals the
mind, and how it expresses oneself.

CALENDAR CHRISTMAS SALE: $20.00 EACH at Wicked Addiction Tattoo Studio, Eddies News, Liquor Warehouse.

The calendars will be on sale Two for $20.00! One male, One female! Come see me at Wicked Addiction to get the deal! We are open from Tuesday - Saturday from 11:00am - 6:00pm! If you would like one mailed to you please send me an email at nakkitat@hotmail.com

You have until 6pm December 22 2012 to get the 2 for $20.00 deal on the Calendars! Come see me at the shop from 11-6pm tomorrow and Saturday!

There are still some calendars left! Seeing as we are in the new year the Calendars will be 2 for $20.00 or one for $15.00. They are available at Wicked Addiction Tattoo Studio, Eddies News, and Liquor Warehouse!

That was the old price.