Not your run of the mill UN speech

Hugo Chavez got his fifteen minutes of fame today (well actually he’s been living that fifteen minutes for a year or so) with a rambling and fiery tirade against George Bush and Chavez’s interpretation of the American agenda for the world…

What people will remember from the tirade and what no doubt will be the clip you hear all day long is:

“And the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the devil came here. Right here.” [crosses himself]

“And it smells of sulfur still today.”

And Hugo was only warming up…

The Drudge report maanged to get a transcript out first…

Which you can check out below…

drudgereport.com/flash2.htm Â

LOL, too funny, it seems that the Drudge report link I used changes stories daily. For instance clicking on the link above gets you the story about the Representative from Florida Foley apologizing for being an alcoholic, which if you read in the context of the Hugo speech might explain things as well, but I digress.

At any rate.

Here for posterity a better link for the Hugo speech, it features video and audio of the event…

un.org/webcast/ga/61/gastatement20.shtml

…we alll heard of this already

You might want to look at the dates when people post things.  If you thought ThePodunkian posted that today, you’re sadly mistaken.

Hey thanks smartass for coming to my rescue, was going to point that out myself but figured uh, why bother, must be a time tme delay thingie on the internet eh! :imp:

But nice to know someone out there is ready to defend my honour!

Huh? What? Chavez said what?

You should be a reporter, Podunkian.

did i just get burned? :astonished: