Not much room for conversation at city council Monday night

If councillors Ashley and Garon are wondering why Prince Rupert residents haven’t been more engaged in their community consultation sessions over the last six weeks or so, perhaps the events of Monday night at Prince Rupert City Council may help to shed some light as to the cause of the apathetic nature of some residents.

For some it could very well be that City residents may get the impression that city council just doesn’t want to listen to their concerns or complaints anymore, a concept that perhaps may have some merit.

Monday’s session seemed to bring out the snark in Mayor Jack Mussallem, who offered up a very public verbal smack down to local recycling advocate Jean Martin.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … -city.html)

jack is haveing a bad day our city is in a bad situation and its not jacks fault we need to get behind jack
to make prince rupert the hong kong of the north we will be a super power one day just look at what cn made this
year the mill is going to be sold and jack will make it happen.

Ayjaye, are you making excuses for Jack’s behaviour?

Did you ask permission? Because if you did, I’m sure the response would be…

[quote=“ajaye46”]jack is haveing a bad day our city is in a bad situation and its not jacks fault we need to get behind jack
to make prince rupert the hong kong of the north we will be a super power one day just look at what cn made this
year the mill is going to be sold and jack will make it happen.[/quote]

Your spelling and grammar is worse than that of a Nigerian 419 scammer. Ironically a 419 scam is more likely to pan out than your visions. I salute you, thanks to you I have decided to purchase the mill. I will be sending the city a check for 500,000,000.00 5,000,000.00 for the mill and the remainder is to transferred back to me via western union you see I only have one check left and accidentally added an extra few 0’s. For your troubles your city can keep an extra 1,000,000.00.

I apologize for this inconvenience and am looking forward to doing business with your city.

As opposed to the Hong Kong south of PR???

[quote=“eccentric”]

As opposed to the Hong Kong south of PR???[/quote]

richmond?

[quote=“ajaye46”]jack is haveing a bad day our city is in a bad situation and its not jacks fault we need to get behind jack
year the mill is going to be sold and jack will make it happen.[/quote]

I have to wonder if it’s always sunny on your side of town there ajaye.

As for the Mayor, I’m not so sure you’ll have that large a parade to trail him down Third Avenue, especially if he keeps shutting down folks that have a question or two.

you guys or girls need to lighten up think positive jack was wrong he is under pressure
im sure he is feeling bad for what he said i say again if we are going to move forward
we need to support our city concil if not you know what you need to do,i say stand
with them have lets make rupert strong.

No, ajaye, if the mill is sold the Port will make that happen, not the mayor. In a way the city has already played its cards and folded.

Several proposals to purchase Watson Island were returned without discussion, apparently without council consultation. Outstanding issues with Sunwave were not resolved through negotiations, so law suits were filed. The court documents suggest that the city had taken a hard line. The court cases were initially treated dismissively, but they did not go away. Sunwave offered to meet, but the mayor refused. Then the city changed its mind and decided to meet, but nothing has been said about that for quite a while.

The Port has said that in six months to a year (the time line probably reflects the Sunwave court cases) it will tell the city whether it will buy Watson Island and if so for how much. The city will end up accepting whatever the Port decides is a reasonable offer because it has run out of options and, with an election in November 2011, the mayor won’t want to leave office with no deal or an incomplete deal as his ‘legacy’.

[quote=“ThePodunkian”]If councillors Ashley and Garon are wondering why Prince Rupert residents haven’t been more engaged in their community consultation sessions over the last six weeks or so, perhaps the events of Monday night at Prince Rupert City Council may help to shed some light as to the cause of the apathetic nature of some residents.

For some it could very well be that City residents may get the impression that city council just doesn’t want to listen to their concerns or complaints anymore, a concept that perhaps may have some merit.

Monday’s session seemed to bring out the snark in Mayor Jack Mussallem, who offered up a very public verbal smack down to local recycling advocate Jean Martin.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … -city.html)[/quote]

Podunkian, great web site to gather information. I cannot believe how many guests are online and just watching how they respond to some topics for viewing. Over 85 guests and the view numbers keep rising. Perhaps council may look at adding this link to their web site for people to gather information. But again, maybe not, eh? :smile:

im sorry a deal will be made for the mill and the pothash will go ahead and
mayor jack will be the man to head the city forward.

Yes it will. The pot and the hash will definitely go ahead.

[quote=“Bettyboop86”]

[quote=“ThePodunkian”]If councillors Ashley and Garon are wondering why Prince Rupert residents haven’t been more engaged in their community consultation sessions over the last six weeks or so, perhaps the events of Monday night at Prince Rupert City Council may help to shed some light as to the cause of the apathetic nature of some residents.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … -city.html)[/quote]

Podunkian, great web site to gather information. I cannot believe how many guests are online and just watching how they respond to some topics for viewing. Over 85 guests and the view numbers keep rising. Perhaps council may look at adding this link to their web site for people to gather information. But again, maybe not, eh? :smile:[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments, it’s always a bit rewarding when a topic seems to strike a chord with folks.

One of the reasons I started the blog oh so many years ago was to keep kind of a flowing archive of events here. Sometimes we keep up the pace, sometimes we slip, but for the most part we try to remain consistent.

As for your suggestion of official blessing from the city, somehow I don’t see that in the ole Podunkian portal’s future.

[quote=“ajaye46”]you guys or girls need to lighten up think positive jack was wrong he is under pressure
im sure he is feeling bad for what he said i say again if we are going to move forward
we need to support our city concil if not you know what you need to do,i say stand
with them have lets make rupert strong.[/quote]

ajaye… Jack needs a big hug and a kiss from you right about now…

i think i will let anna do that as his young beautiful girl friend will get jealous if i do it im good looking
but not that good looking as her.

[quote=“ajaye46”]i think i will let anna do that as his young beautiful girl friend will get jealous if i do it im good looking
but not that good looking as her.[/quote]

Oh, please give us a @#%$##$%$% BREAK !!

[quote=“ajaye46”]i think i will let anna do that as his young beautiful girl friend will get jealous if i do it im good looking

Jack can't see past his nose.... go ahead...

How utterly and hopelessly cute (if you happen to be under the age of eight).

Ajaye, please leave me out of any dispute you are having with other people on this forum. I respect your right to voice your opinion but please do not include me in your rebuttals. Thanks.

I’m not sure what part of this troubles me more but I am getting the" heebie-jeebie" feeling about ajaye.

Is ajaye signalling some potential or real deviant behavior here? Should someone be watching him more closely?