Northern Gateway

Dead in the water would probably be more accurate.

it is not dead yet, the province stance is they said NO as it currently stands. that means more negotiations, at least, on enbridge’s part, the NEB and Harper and company can still say yes despite what the BC Government says. is it wise for them to say that, depends how much Harper needs his core base to like him again, especially with the Senate scandal making his base grow luke warm to him.

For what it’s worth. I just got a phone call from Innovative Research. They wanted to ask me a few questions about Northern Gateway. Unfortunately, after telling them that I was a Canadian citizen and a resident of BC, I was then asked for my age. When I said 55-64, I was told that my age group had reached its quota and was thanked for my time. I would have been curious to know what questions were being asked.

I still have that queasy feeling that it ain’t dead yet.

I was glad to see it cancelled. The coastal mountain range is no place for a pipeline. I had spent enough time in all those valleys, swamps and slopes long enough to see multiple landslides that were massive.

Ship that stuff straight down through Alberta and into the US where it is more geologically stable and leaks are more easily accessed. Sure a refinery win northern BC would have been great. But like my grandfather said “If a frog had wings, it wouldn’t bump it’s ass”. Meaning stop wishing for shite that won’t happen and move on with things.

[quote=“DWhite”]For what it’s worth. I just got a phone call from Innovative Research. They wanted to ask me a few questions about Northern Gateway. Unfortunately, after telling them that I was a Canadian citizen and a resident of BC, I was then asked for my age. When I said 55-64, I was told that my age group had reached its quota and was thanked for my time. I would have been curious to know what questions were being asked.

I still have that queasy feeling that it ain’t dead yet.[/quote]

I must have filled their quota because I’m in the same age category as you and I was allowed to proceed. The questions were broken into to areas-Enbridge and LNG, my opinions on them, whether certain statements they read (if true) changed my opinion, and basically gauged my support on these industries and governments (Federal and Provincial) management of them thus far. Because if the government questions its my feeling that this may have been sponsored by one or both of those governments.

DWhite

I have a queasy feeling that it isn’t dead yet.

You have any Maalox in the med cabinet?

theglobeandmail.com/news/bri … um=twitter

[quote=“Old major”][/quote]

DWhite

I have a queasy feeling that it isn’t dead yet.

You have any Maalox in the med cabinet?

theglobeandmail.com/news/bri … um=twitter

It will happen in one way or another. Oil may not be piped through our watershed but we will sell oil to Asian markets. It’s really all about managing risks. What is the safest way to get it there without destroying our environment?

Great phrase, eccentric. Acts as a sort of Shibboleth for people who grew up around boats and docks :smile:

I’ve been say “Dead in the water” all week when referring to the pipeline, and the reactions always give away what people think it actually means.