NOOOOO it can't be! :(

Was just told that Brads Drive Inn Will be shutting down at the end of the month, guess they sold that land and the new owners have no intention of keeping it open! boooooo

But? But? But?

I was just there a few days ago

They were open

I had food

It was good

WHYYYYYYYYY :frowning:

i dont really think gondola is much different but it will suck for port ed residents

OMG I can’t believe you just said that! You obviously haven’t had any of their asian food, or apple turnovers or any burger there what-so-ever!!

This is sad news… one of the perks of living here is gone. I’ve never had a better burger than at Brads.

they are good but maybe its that ive travelled out of rupert they are not the best out there. i miss green apple burgers tho :smile:

yummmmmmm… Ditto decker… :smile:

Green Apple could have been on triple D…
I miss that place.

[quote=“rupzuk”]Green Apple could have been on triple D…
I miss that place.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more! Burgers? Fantastic but I think they had the best halibut and chips in town and the portions were huge and the prices were not! Have been to Smiles once since I moved here, the fish was undercooked, the batter was a soggy mess and I guess the fries were frozen and deep fried in too cold oil, they were pale and oily as hell ! Have never gone back!

The fella who owned and ran Brad’s Drive In has had scheduled brain surgery for the last few years which is why Brad’s was closed during certain times of the year. I think this was a health issue (selling the business) rather than anything else.

They will be missed. It’s a shame though, with more help and a better location, that place would have cleaned house on most of the “fast food” places. Indeed good food - not the packaged, overprocessed, steamed / nuked / greese filled-filler burgers you usually get.

I really miss Green Apple. The only fish and chips I’ll eat is from Bob’s on the rocks, which do a great job when they’re open!

Too bad? The only place I’ve ever known that you can get a hot dog and burger in the same bun. I always found it funny that the same signs stayed in the walls for years. Fanta pop hasnt been around for a long time. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to La Gondola now that A&W is moving into town. That’s another place that is stuck in a time warp. Good food though.

any information re: when Brad’s will close?

Its very sad news, but all we can so is be happy for them. I will sure miss their apple turnovers.

call them ive heard from a couple people it was just bought and still gonna operate. it is port eds only restaurant be weird to close it

I liked their location. always fun to go for a drive out to port ed and then have a nice apple turnover and a good milkshake.
it was nice that they would warm it up for you and everything.

i will have to go there for one last bite, especially with A&W coming. with brads closing there will be no ware in the area that sells properly good onion rings
Sorry A&W but breaded onion rings? you should take those off your menu and put them in the same forget bin that McPizza is stored

It is supposed to close at the end of the month or when their supplies run out. They are already selling some of their stock.

much appreciated

kristoff trucking bought the property… be another parking spot for container trucks is my guess…present owners were retiring and closing doors this yr so either way brads drive-in soon to be nothing but a memory

Don’t think its a sealed deal yet … lots of hoops etc to go thru first. But you are correct sold or not Brad’s is closing down at the end of April, they have awesome burgers and the best chinese food! Need to make a few trips out there before then, to heck with the calories!

Don’t think its a sealed deal yet … lots of hoops etc to go thru first. But you are correct sold or not Brad’s is closing down at the end of April, they have awesome burgers and the best chinese food! Need to make a few trips out there before then, to heck with the calories!