Noise bylaw

Anyone know what time building construction is allowed in town ??? As in house renos etc.  Thanks

princerupert.ca/admin/editor … _bylaw.pdf

W O W thanks for the info. Hopefully I dont go and smack the guy next to me doing construction every night till 8-9 pm

If you read the bylaw…look under exceptions 3.1(ix)  which states that construction noise is allowed from 7 am until 9 pm…so don’t go smackin’ your neighbour until after 9 pm!!  :imp: :imp:

Hope they don’t  hit you did you read it right

Any maintenance or repairs or construction to property by the
owner, occupier or agent of said property between the hours of 7:00
a.m. and 9:00 p.m. of the same day; or
(vi) The operation of a public transportation system; or
(vii) The operation or use of any public address system required under a
building or fire code; or
(viii) Any person from functioning within the limits of a permit issued
under the Fire or Traffic ByLaws of the City; or
(ix) Construction or industrial work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and
9:00 p.m. of the same day.

lol yea ok thank you

how loud are they for you to be bothered? just curious lol

they are renovating a house 5 feet from mine

ah yea one of the houses where u can pass a cup of sugar from window to window? lol

yup  could pass the nails lol    just frustrating to listen to it everyday and night  cant believe the city has such a ridiculous bylaw 7 am-9 pm in a residential area though

It’s only ridiculous until you need to do some renos on your house after being at work all day.  This gives homeowners who work from 9-5 an opportunity to get something done without having to wait until the weekend. The bylaw looks to be reasonable, IMO. It’s too bad that noise wasnt taken into consideration when some of these houses were built so close together.

this town was thrown together so quickly there was no ryhme or reason how it was built  :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome link, this part interests me the most.

Stupid neighbourhood dog barking all night, I think I may have to make a phonecall.