No School, No Cable ;-)

no fair… rogers sportsnet is out…

no hockey for me

It was 14 degrees today, sunny/overcast… but strangely, I wish I was in Rupert! We hardly got no snow in Nanaimo this year… and and… I kinda missed it!

It’s weird though I was just getting ready to take my snowies off my car and then we had this huge crap-load of snow.  Other than this anomaly our winter/spring has been normal.  Actually we’ve hardly had any snow to speak of in PR this year.

You live in Nanaimo Now ?

Snow fell on the htmf server this morning too? Or just the uplink?

Server.

MiG lives on the outage side of town.

Thanks to some broken poles we spent the whole day at the Courthouse with no power. We might get power tomorrow if we’re lucky. It did make for an interesting bail hearing though. The accused on one phone, his lawyer in the room but on his cell phone, the Smithers Court Registry on the line recording everything (Terrace had no power at the time either) and the Judge on the phone from Victoria.

This is why I love to live in the North. Nothing interesting like this ever happens at the Vancouver Law Courts.

And since PLnet is routed through the courthouse, none of our computer systems (including servers) had internet access.

I imagine a ton of stuff was out around town today because of the courthouse power outage. We have a room in our basement that is a tech geeks wet dream. Racks and racks of stuff. We can’t even enter the room without turning off the alarm and getting photographed. When we had our renovation underway someone accidentally turned off the water supply to the air conditioning in the room. The heat alarm went off and the next thing I know Saanich is running in the door to the courthouse because some guy in Ottawa phoned him in a panic. When I opened the door it was like getting off the plane in Vegas.  :sunglasses:

This is the home I left to move to Rupert - as you can see (or more accurately, CAN’T see) the house across the street. 

So while I laughed at some of the really bad drivers with really bad tires around town - I am still VERY glad to have left 15 feet for the (hopefully rare) dump of a foot or more in PR

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]