No deliveries

What do you do when a driver doesn’t deliver parcels to your home but takes them to the drop off centre.
This for me has been going on since I moved to this new address .
Now I have complained to Purolator with e-mails over the last 5 months but with no results.

I like living here in Rupert but when it comes to shopping the selection is limited, so I tend to do a lot of online shopping, this is where my problem starts…
If I don’t pick it up at the drop centre when they call I can be sure I won’t see this package for at least 3-4 days.

Now why should go chasing after my package if I pay extra for door delivery …hmmm…

I have never once signed for a package nor have I ever seen this driver. He just knocks and drops it on my doorstep.
I find that unacceptable.

This would never happen in a larger centre, why should I have to put up with this here. Why are we different ?
Who do I call …I am at a loss!

Your post is confusing. It starts out saying they won’t deliver to your door… everything goes to the drop off centre. Then it says they just drop it on your door step.

One thing I can advise is giving up on email complaints. Emails are easy to ignore. Call them up or speak to someone personally

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Your post is confusing. It starts out saying they won’t deliver to your door… everything goes to the drop off centre. Then it says they just drop it on your door step.

One thing I can advise is giving up on email complaints. Emails are easy to ignore. Call them up or speak to someone personally[/quote]

Sounds like the OP is paying extra for door delivery and it is being delivered to the door. I would cancel that extra expense and see if he delivers it to the OP personally.

I have only once had an issue with Purolator. Like you, most of my shopping is online and only once in 2 years have they left a parcel at my door, no signature required. I was angry that it was left, I wasn’t home but when I returned there was this very conspicuous parcel outside my front door in full view on 11th. east. and out in the rain also. I called Slickers where their drop-off is, explained my issue and ever since, they either leave a delivery notice and Slickers calls me or I am home and no problem. Why do you wait 3-4 days when the parcel is at the drop-off the same day of attempted delivery or if you can’t pick it up that day, certainly the next day? I don’t pay for door-door but am grateful for it, if I am home! Please don’t just leave my parcels!

I see that these simple little things get to you yuk yuks , by local and live with it . So many spoiled people and thank Harper for giving you all a chance to share his world as he creates it .

Yeah, anybody who don’t buy a brand new Honda Civic from a local dealer is super spoiled and Harper is their messiah…

…wait.

Sometimes the delivery protocols prohibit you from picking up your package until they have made three delivery attempts (they attempt delivery during working hours). After the third failed attempt (over a three day period)then you can go and pick up your package. This happened to me as well so I can sympathize with the OP. It was maddening.

[quote=“hitest”]

Sometimes the delivery protocols prohibit you from picking up your package until they have made three delivery attempts (they attempt delivery during working hours). After the third failed attempt (over a three day period)then you can go and pick up your package. This happened to me as well so I can sympathize with the OP. It was maddening.[/quote]

I guess I am a lucky shopper ! Purolator delivers once, leaves a notice, Slickers calls same day and I take the notice down and pick it up. Only one attempt and p/up myself!

I’d like to know why sometimes they leave packages at the door when no one is home.(Not in the mail box) I’ve seen it happen a few times, even in crappy weather.

In reference to the original post, even in bigger cities (Winnipeg) parcels are left on the doorstep. Purolator and UPS do it while Canada post doesn’t. And not just envelope type, my sons xbox came back from warrenty work and it was on the front steps for about 6 hours until someone came home. If I lived in most other neighbourhoods it would have been gone in a heartbeat.

[quote=“hitest”]

Sometimes the delivery protocols prohibit you from picking up your package until they have made three delivery attempts (they attempt delivery during working hours). After the third failed attempt (over a three day period)then you can go and pick up your package. This happened to me as well so I can sympathize with the OP. It was maddening.[/quote]

I’ve had two deliveries where Purolator claimed three delivery attempts when no attempts had been made. Both deliveries I was home all day with cameras recording both entries during all 6 attempted (2x3) delivery attempts. I phoned Slickers and they they gave me the drivers # to complain to Purolator. Left complaints to Purolator but no response from them. The original deliveries were from other couriers which I believe contracts Purolator from Prince George to Rupert. I left complaints with the original couriers as well. I suspect Purolator and/or the driver gets extra pay for every attempted delivery and since Purolator is the only real game in town at this time the other couriers are not motivated to pursue this further. So the customer is left waiting for his/her package for three or more extra days so three bogus delivery attempts can be made, it seems.

I have had the same issue with Purolator except in my case we asked Slickers to speak with their drivers, AND left a big note on the door -> “PLEASE take directly to Purolator drop centre, today”. I hoped to have a 1 day delay versus a 3-day delay. Did they do that? NO - they did the 3 try routine despite my repeated requests. We are lucky enough to have an office address downtown so we now request these packages to be delivered there. Purolator drivers must be paid by the attempt because they completely disregard any direction given. We have called Purolator without much success because it’s difficult getting past the call centre. Perhaps a well-written letter by snail mail or better yet, Purolator, would drive the point home and ensure at least some response. It is the “Prince Rupert model of general poor service” (of course there are exceptions).

Good luck!

Wasn’t home this morning when a parcel was delivered or attempted to be ! Driver left a notice to p/up after 3 today at Slickers. They have never made more than one attempt and only that once when they left it outside have I had a problem. Maybe I order too much and they don’t want to have to keep coming back ! LOL Seriously though, never had an issue, attempt one delivery, leave a notice, receive a call from Slickers and p/up same day, if I can, always the same !