NHL : The new beginning

What a season this is going to be. Lots of excitement and scoring.

[quote]n a network first, TSN will televise four games on opening night (Wednesday, Oct. 5).

TSN will nationally televise (except in Alberta) the battle of Ontario featuring the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs at 8pm et followed by the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Cancuks at 10:30 pm pt. The latter game marks Wayne Gretzky’s coaching debut and Todd Bertuzzi’s return to the NHL. [/quote]

Yes, and the Canucks have their largest tv deal ever, with all 82 regular season games, and one pre-season game, all being broadcast either on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific, CBC’s Hockey Night In Canada, Molson Canadian Canucks Pay-Per-View, or TSN.

YAY! No more having to listen to the radio for those boring-enough-to-watch-on-tv-let-alone-listen-to-the-radio games!!

That’s sound really good smartass.

I still remember the 82’ run when the nucks went to the finals. I think it was the Chicago series when i had to go to bed. :smiling_imp: . But the good ol radio saved me. But when Vancouver score, I got in trouble. :cry:

TSN has a pretty good team report that they just added recently. Check it out on there NHL pages. Vancouver for an example.

[quote]2003-2004 Division Finish: First

General Manager: Dave Nonis
Coach: Marc Crawford
2003-2004 Record: 43-24-10-5, 3rd West
Goals For: 235
Goals Against: 194
Power Play: 15.0% (21st)
Penalty Killing: 86.0% (3rd)
Scoring leader: M. Naslund (84)
Goals leader: M. Naslund (35)
Assists Leader: M. Naslund (49)
Additions: F Richard Park, F Anson Carter, G Brent Johnson, D Sven Butenschon, D Steve McCarthy, F Josh Green, F Craig Darby.
Subtractions: D Brent Sopel, F Brad May, F Martin Rucinsky, D Marek Malik, D Johnathan Aitken, G Johan Hedberg, F Jeff Heerema.
Ready for Prime Time?: C Ryan Kesler, C Brandon Reid, G Alex Auld.

They said it: ‘‘I’m coming back who I was. I’m not going to change. I’ve become successful doing what I do best, playing hard every night with a chip on my shoulder. I heard a lot of stuff about people thinking I’m going to come back soft. That’s not who I am.’’ - Forward Todd Bertuzzi.

The 16-month lowdown:
Any questions about how a long layoff may affect Todd Bertuzzi were quickly answered at Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp. He skated with confidence, carried the puck well and threw great hits in scrimmage games. He’ll be in fine form when the season begins. The Canucks also got good news with the re-signing of captain Markus Naslund and centre Brendan Morrison. With the Sedins, Ohlund and Salo returning, the core group is intact and ready for another run at the Cup. With a new contract in hand, the pressure’s on Dan Cloutier to show he can lead them in net. Brent Johnson is ready to compete if Cloutier can’t hold the fort. Anson Carter and Richard Park will add some scoring help for the second and third lines, but losing Marek Malik and Brent Sopel could hurt. B.C. native Steve McCarthy and Sven Butenschon are expected to fill in their spots seamlessly.

Think about the future:
At six-foot-one and 210 lbs., scorer Ryan Kesler isn’t a flashy player. But he does add a lot of muscle, grit and defensive prowess. A spot on the roster is his to lose. The situation in goal will be very interesting to watch, with Cloutier and Johnson being challenged by Alex Auld. With four years of minor-league experience under his belt, Auld is ready for the big show in Vancouver.

In addition the new Team Depth Chart and Payroll Tracker.

Ready to start my scouting for Hockey Pool now.[/quote]