NHL Draft

Now that the rich fucks are settling things. The NHL Lottery draft is on the 21st. I forgot what sports network was doing a virtual draft to see where Sidney is going. Toronto won the first day, then Chicago, then Anaheim. I did not watch for the rest of the week, but tomorrow is the big day.

Canucks only have one ball, but what are the odds? I also see that the Flames and Oilers have a good chance for canada as they have TWO BALLS!

Lets just hope tha Crosby stays in Canada, and hope he not another Daigle.

Mmmm… post-season hockey goodness.

Let’s just hope that he does get drafted to a Canadian Team. I was watching TNS last night, and the Habs is his fav team. Quebec or Canada. Anything but a USA Team.

Fucken Penguins. Well at least they didn’t cheat like they did to get Mario Lemieux.

Habs got 5th pic, Sens 9th, and Nucks 10th. But it’s going to be a good draft like in 1990.

[quote=“Cowboy X”]Fucken Penguins. Well at least they didn’t cheat like they did to get Mario Lemieux.

Habs got 5th pic, Sens 9th, and Nucks 10th. But it’s going to be a good draft like in 1990.[/quote]

If be cheat you mean they were a brutally horrible team, then yeah it’s a good thing that they didn’t cheat this time :unamused:

The Penguins prior to the Lemieux era were horrible. They were on the brink of collapse. In fact, they weren’t much better for Mario’s first couple seasons. There was no cheating, they were simply put a bad team.

You are close. But they did cheat and only won 7, yes ( s e v e n) <–I had to spell it out for you, seven games on the second half of the season.

Jersey did not do that. So they did cheat.

[quote=“Cowboy X”]You are close. But they did cheat and only won 7, yes ( s e v e n) <–I had to spell it out for you, seven games on the second half of the season.

Jersey did not do that. So they did cheat.[/quote]

So in your opinion any team that can’t win games, due to having a poor team, is cheating? I know that there have been instances in the past (Ottawa/Alex Daige) where rumour ran rampant that teams have thrown games to move up there draft position. However, a lot of times teams lose because they are simply bad teams. Pittsburgh in the 83/84 season, where a bad team. The fact that they only won seven times in the second half is not proof that they cheated.

They were a SHITTY Team that year. But they also did not want to WIN so they could keep last place. Or else they would have had Kirk Muller in the second pic. SEE NOW! Cheated. :laughing:

I’m really having a hard time with your rationality.

Being a horrible team and having their ass kicked by practically everyone = cheating?

Playing so bad that they almost lost all their fans and financial backing = cheating?

That’s not cheating…tht’s borderline Chapter 11. If they were allowed the shot to get the top draft pick that year because of their futility, good for them. I’d be surprised to find out that they lost on purpose. Pretty tough to prove.

You guys are having trouble understanding plane facts. Here are some good ones dudes.

Le·mieux (lə-myū’, -myÅ“’) pronunciation, Mario Born 1965.

Canadian hockey player. A center for the Pittsburgh Penguins (1984–1997), he led his team to two consecutive Stanley Cup championships and was the National Hockey League’s leading scorer four times.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Ok, the team that did not CHEAT! But they did lose on purpose.

Cheat (che-eat) - A word used by me and T-Rav and now Stanley19.

No offense, dude, but your arguments are pretty weak.

Weak? Who’s arguing? I am just trying to get some people’s (FACTS) straight. If you are a true hockey fan, you would know the trueth by NOW!

Penguins CHEAT! They were having a shitty season (like you said) but they did blow the other half ot the NHL season to have 1st overall in the 1994 NHL entry draft.

1.  Pittsburgh  	Mario Lemieux

2.  New Jersey  	Kirk Muller

3.  Chicago  	Ed Olczyk

4.  Toronto  	Al Iafrate

5.  Montreal  	Petr Svoboda

6.  Los Angeles  	Craig Redmond

7.  Detroit  	Shawn Burr

8.  Montreal  	Shayne Corson  	C

9.  Pittsburgh  	Doug Bodger

10. Vancouver  	J.J. Daigneault

Now, if you knew you had a (SHITTY TEAM) that season, wouldn’t you blow the rest of the season to get the #1 pick if the scouting report on Mario Lemieux was (superstar quality). Or would you still play hockey, getting kicked almost every night, try your best and let the next (SHITTY) team get the rights to draft #1. Or would you CHEAT! Like they did.

By the way, how many cups did Muller win? Two? I can’t remember if he won one with the Stars?

Penguin player in 1984.

“Let’s try our best and see what happends. Even if we have 10th pick this year, Holy crap we could get JJ Daigneault”

“Damn, lets try then!!!”

Coach: No, No, No…We must head to route 66! Route 99 is taken.

:unamused:

Well, I agree that the cheating arguments are very weak I do back that the penguins “cheated” per say. They benched vetarans towards the end of the year and dressed young minor league goaltenders. They absolutly threw the season to get Mario. I don’t know if you call that cheating or playing the system. On honour that fails but I’m sure Machiavelli would have supported the penguins doings. Like it matters though, they changed every rule in the NHL except the instigator rule which is the one that kills hockey.

Hopefully CBC will change and get Donald S. Cherry calling some extreme dodgeball. At least if you throw the season there you sort of pay the price.

I’ll admit that I don’t know very much about Mario’s early career, or the 1984 Penguins. I think I’d need to see some evidence for myself before I hop on that train, but I’ll take it at face value for now. I’d still like to posit some arguments though.

How is that cheating?

Is it cheating if you trade draft-picks for a veteran player late in the season in order to make your playoff run? Trading long-term viability for short-term success?

So what’s wrong with trading short-term success for long term viability?

I’m just messing around with “CHEATING”. I’m just happy the millionair club have settled their differances for a few years. That was a long layoff.

Also I am very happy that Crosby is going to help save a Hockey Franchise.
Would have been nice to see him in a Canadian Team uni though.

CC Dynamo wrote:

That’s all I was saying too.