New Ride

I’m now cruising in style:

http://www.buysell.com/userphotos/0001364689/3302005_11374848136.jpg

1990 Cavalier Z24
3.1L MPFI V6
5-Speed Getrag Manual

On a related note, there will very likely be a 1989 Pontiac Sunbird for sale on the cheap. Picture of it in my avatar.

I knew you would get another J-body. Isn’t that the car I sent you a link for?

It is! Did you see the blue 94 Sunbird, or has he sold it? Hit me up on MSN man, I want some pics. Also wondering what kind of warranty he gave you for what you paid.

You’re moving up a class

I think you should drag them both, see what that Z24 is really capable of

:open_mouth:

I bet that Z24 would PWN my Firebird. We gotta race before I sell it! Infact, if you have a free day, you shoudl drive up the Coquihalla before the 30th and I’ll take you for a plane ride and then show you around the city in your new wheels. We only have this place for 6 more days though and sadly you missed a great year end kegger last night! The roomies were out before 10:30 :neutral_face: and the cops were hounding us by 11:20. Nobody even fell in the hot tub or in a barrel of oil for that matter. I hate some of our neighbours.

more like moving up a year.

Speedo goes up to 200 km/h. Haven’t had much of a chance to approach that yet, though.

Rocking the standard tranny is sweet, too.

Don’t rock it too hard! I’m in need of a sychro kit.

Could have sworn i saw your old car driving around town with a jason style green paint job. It’s still got a bit of grey trim in some areas which lead to believe that it might be your old car. Sweet new ride though eh… I’ll have to race you in my B2200. Though you’ll probably kick my ass, cause its geared for towing.

-3.1L MPFI V6
Thats the same engine that was in my old man’s celebrity. If so you got yourself a sweet engine. Loads of power… 140hp i think and 185 ft/lbs of torque. One of the only down sides though is that the exhaust is very hot and at least in the old celebrity, it went through a shit load of new exhaust systems, and water pumps. Though yours being standard might make a difference in some parts? Still the 3.1 is much better than the 2.8, since most of the internal components in the 3.1 are pretty solid.

Cai = engine swap # 3 with yet another 2.8L. #4 is on the way, though i think the next time hes gunna drop a 4.3 into his blazer.

Yeah, just like my 97 accent killing you coming in from ridley last night. and you even had the head start :stuck_out_tongue:

I was keeping up somewhat thanks to that intrepid in front of you.

97 Accent = 105 horse power
88 B2200 = 88 Horse power
97 Accent = low to the ground/arrow dynamic
88 B2200 = Truck
97 Accent = MP Fuel injected
88 B2200 = Truck
97 Accent = Computerized efficientcy functionality
88 B2200 = Truck

…I let you win! Could have totally taken you.

Always ‘could have’

[quote=“Delirious”]I was keeping up somewhat thanks to that intrepid in front of you.

97 Accent = 105 horse power
88 B2200 = 88 Horse power
97 Accent = low to the ground/arrow dynamic
88 B2200 = Truck
97 Accent = MP Fuel injected
88 B2200 = Truck
97 Accent = Computerized efficientcy functionality
88 B2200 = Truck

…I let you win! Could have totally taken you.[/quote]

It was a sebring :stuck_out_tongue:

In the back of my mind i knew it wasnt an intrepid, and also that you would correct me if i was wrong. Though from 500 meters behind, its kinda hard to tell the difference between a sebring and an intrepid.

-unless of course you’re a loyal Chrysler Employee

Eso: When do you get back? Before me and Jay go treeplanting this Friday?

You should sell your old car to… to Mt. Hays! Make a little jumpy-poo for it… take it for a spin, break some parts, file off the VIN numbers at the end of the night.

That car had troubles making it up dry dock road, little alone Mt Hayes.

Though i suppose it could be pushed if needed… get a run at a jump from the top of a hill, and WEEEEEE! Thumb crash boom! I guess there is that one jump at the bottom of the mountain. Its like a small car carnival!

[quote=“Delirious”]In the back of my mind i knew it wasnt an intrepid, and also that you would correct me if i was wrong. Though from 500 meters behind, its kinda hard to tell the difference between a sebring and an intrepid.

-unless of course you’re a loyal Chrysler Employee[/quote]

Intrepids stoped being produced in 2000

Hey, the Silver Bullet made several successful (not too mention blood-soaked) journeys up Hays.

I’ll probably get back around May 7-8 or so.

Speaking of rocking the standard rather hard, my brother smoked my clutch something fierce. I knew the clutch was on it’s way out when I bought it, but it’s toast now. Getting repaired as we speak.

The Accent even made it up… It was kinda rough cause its lowness but… it survived… Coming down, fuck i burnt alot of brakes thou…cause if i went too fast then shit i bottomed out… But fuck eso get back here its pretty dead at work

The bird has seen some good off-road action this year. I took her up to the mud flats by postel lake to do some target practice with the SKS and she nearly got stuck, but didn’t! The same trail pwned some n00b on a KX125… the stupid ass almost fell into the car. Anyway, it’s seen worse than that the last two semmesters… war torn, with shot sychros and randomly hot engine, she needs some work.

Actaully…

Whats your best guess on occasional rough running and overheating? If i’m ripping down the road in 5th at 120km/h with my foot barely on the gas she gets hot and starts to run bad. If I drop it into 3rd or 4th and keep the RPM up, it runs fine all night and even stays cooler… More RPM and cooler? I don’t know… This rough running I’m talking about feels like the clutch falls off in the bellhousing. It gets worse towards 5th and better towards 1st, jerky, like a whole bank isn’t firing, until i rev the shit out of it and keep the rpm up. I hope it gets me home on Sunday. Something also weird… when the engine gets hot and starts behaving weird, the speedo needle wobbles +/-10km/h like it’s doing the pee pee dance. I’m thining it might be an ignition problem, since all is well at times, and the speedo, while probably unrelated is completely electronic. Impeller shot? Bad fuel? Bad mixture?