New BC NDP Leader

Congratulations BC NDP… for shooting themselves on the foot. Twice.

Come next spring, we’ll have two sketch clowns to choose from: A former Campbell operative, or the Glen Clark-era back room guy. =.=

Edit: Added third option to poll.

Not sure if he can win, but I do know he was my third choice.

Fair or not, the NDP cannot shake the Clark era. Dix represents the Clark era.

The NDP can still attack Christy Clark for past misdeeds but they have given the LIberals a chance to continue using old news to attack the NDP.

So the next election will not be fought on the future, but how horrible the other person was 10 or 20 years ago.

Dix?! Bah…I didn’t vote for him at all. Meh. I was hoping for Farnworth or Horgan.

I was very certain Farnworth would become the leader, although I like Horgan better.

I guess stapling $10 bills to membership apps really paid off for Dix.

[quote=“PLA”]I was very certain Farnworth would become the leader, although I like Horgan better.

I guess stapling $10 bills to membership apps really paid off for Dix.[/quote]

Yeah, Dix was not my choice. But, we have a new leader now. It is time to rally behind Mr. Dix and gear-up quickly. I suspect that Clark will call a provincial election sooner than later. First, she needs a seat in parliament.

So what gives?Is HTMF all a bunch of left leaning loonies?What the hell have they ever done for us,even when they were the party in power…wake up people!

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“PLA”]I was very certain Farnworth would become the leader, although I like Horgan better.

I guess stapling $10 bills to membership apps really paid off for Dix.[/quote]

Yeah, Dix was not my choice. But, we have a new leader now. It is time to rally behind Mr. Dix and gear-up quickly. I suspect that Clark will call a provincial election sooner than later. First, she needs a seat in parliament.[/quote]

Whistle quickly, the political graveyard is calling!

Farnworth was about the best hope that the NDP had to try and stop Ms. Clark, with Dix and all his baggage from the Glen Clark era along for the ride, political purgatory is the NDP’s once again.

So everyone think that pushing Ms. James aside was a great idea now?

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

So everyone think that pushing Ms. James aside was a great idea now?[/quote]

Yes. We would have had no chance with James against Clark. Dix is a fighter. Clark has a lot of her own political baggage via her stint with Campbell. I like our chances with Dix.

HST*

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

So everyone think that pushing Ms. James aside was a great idea now?[/quote]

Yes. We would have had no chance with James against Clark. Dix is a fighter. Clark has a lot of her own political baggage via her stint with Campbell. I like our chances with Dix.

HST*[/quote]

Ah there’s no beverage like Kool Aid!

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

Ah there’s no beverage like Kool Aid![/quote]

Seriously?! Put downs? This will be the sum total of your political rhetoric, debate? :smile: Sheesh.
Clark will need much more than just being glib and pretty to take on Dix. I predict a good match-up.

What have the Liberals done for BC? Ah let us see. They have cut services to BC residents (health care, education) while increasing our debt to astronomical proportions. Brilliant! The NDP is often accused of being the tax and spend party. Wow. Compared to the Liberals we’re fiscal conservatives. BC cannot afford four more years of Campbell/Clark.
I am voting for positive change.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

Ah there’s no beverage like Kool Aid![/quote]

Seriously?! Put downs? This will be the sum total of your political rhetoric, debate? :smile: Sheesh.
Clark will need much more than just being glib and pretty to take on Dix. I predict a good match-up.[/quote]

Perhaps not such a good match up after all

theprovince.com/news/just+ta … story.html

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … le1989023/

Though Vaughn Palmer suggests a sliver of hope for the NDP moving forward

vancouversun.com/news/Hammel … story.html

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

vancouversun.com/news/Hammel … story.html[/quote]

I’ll agree with that assessment. Palmer gives a more impartial assessment than your other sources. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

vancouversun.com/news/Hammel … story.html[/quote]

I’ll agree with that assessment. Palmer gives a more impartial assessment than your other sources. :smile:[/quote]

Well that may be the hopeful thought of the true NDP believers, but you can’t discount the other opinions, or at least do so at your peril.

Simply, the party that replaced their middle of the road leader, with a more left oriented candidate with obvious direction and the clear support of the union component of the party is going to be able to defeat the Liberal’s centre - leans to the left at times leader?

I don’t see that happening sorry.

The best hope for Mr. Dix in my opinion anyways, is that the sudden interest in a “Conservative party for BC” takes root and comes to fruition.

Though considering the coalition the Socreds/Liberal forged over the last decade, the prospect of Adrian Dix as potential Premier probably renders that Conservative party to the back shelf for a while yet.

Look for the dis-satisfied Liberals/Socreds to jump back in line with the arrival of Mr. Dix as NDP leader.

Frankly I don’t see how Dix is going to increase the middle (those that swing from election to election) towards the NDP when James, who was a centrist to the left couldn’t.

I suspect that the NDP would probably still have lost the election to come in a James / Clark contest, but I think Ms. James would most likely have held the centre better, Mr. Dix returns the NDP back to the left - right polarization days and that always seems to end badly for the NDP.

But hey, what do I know.

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]

But hey, what do I know.[/quote]

That remains to be seen. :smile:
Your spin is almost as good as mine. Clark will be forced to run on the legacy that she inherited during the Campbell years. She will need to answer for the HST deception and the BC Rail scandal among other things. Clark will need to explain, defend the monumental Olympic sized debt in our province. In the end it is up to the voters of BC. Our children and grandchildren will be paying down Campbell’s debt for years to come.

I truly belief that “The Baker’s Dozen” should have resigned after pushing Ms. James under the bus. If they truly felt it was time for a change, they should have met with their constituency to see if they still had a mandate.

It would seem the poll belies your opinion. I guess from your comment, that would make you a shill for the right?

I hope you’re not loping some of us with the NDP supporters.

I for one looking for a moderate alternative to the BC Liberals (which is not even “Liberal”, and more of Harper’s Conservative. BC doesn’t have a real provincial Liberal party), which is I’m hoping the BC NDP would choose an ethical leader who’s moderate and closer to the centre that is Farnworth or Horgan. Unfortunately the likes of Sihota and the big union had shifted the BC NDP to the wrong direction.

I could only hope the BC NDP membership have the guts left to fire Moe. This guy is the cancer that’s killing the party as a viable alternative.

It’s all so much bullshit. On the way home I hear Christy Clark claiming that the province now has a clear choice. The Liberals represent change and the NDP are going backwards.

I would still like to know what she thinks was wrong about the previous government which she now leads that needs change.

Was it her denial of teacher bargaining rights that the Supreme has just ruled illegal?
Was it the sale of BC Rail of which her name innocent or not still surfaces?
Is it the $2B tax shift from business to consumer and the lying that took place about its implementation?
Was it the lying about the budget deficit during the last election.
Was it… I’ll give my fingers a rest.

Oh yes, you now support families. As if nobody else gives a shit about families. Except maybe the BC Liberals of the last 10 years who did nothing to change the highest rate of child poverty in Canada.

And now the Liberals are going to claim that under the NDP we will be held hostage by Adrian Dix and the big unions. As if we are not already held hostage by big corporations and their political puppets in the Liberal party.

It’s enough to make me puke.

Yeah, that’s pretty BS. The choice is so much of a blur that I wonder if it’s possible that we might see a minority government.

Anyone else think so?