NDP and Cons at 30% each ~ Environics Poll

Seems like Canadians are starting to take notice of the Conservatives’ recent dirty politics and other damages caused by Harper Government #3.

Conservative - 30%
NDP - 30%
Liberals - 20%
BQ - 8%
Greens - 7%

Link (PDF): environics.ca/uploads/File/E … 1-2012.pdf

And if Mulcair becomes NDP leader, I predict the Liberals will be the third party for the next few elections if not forever.

This quote here from the release is pretty sad:

I am curious to see what happens this weekend at the leadership convention. I think the NDP has a shot at governing if they choose wisely.

I will NEVER vote for the NDP to run this country.

But I also will NEVER vote for the Conservatives.

For me it is Liberal, nothing too radical on either side.

Nathan Cullen will not be forgotten and left out of a cabinet position anytime soon, and maybe,just maybe could be PM one day.
Mulcliar will have a very tough time uniting the NDP, so the chances of him winning and uniting the left is near zero.

[quote=“bthedog”]I will NEVER vote for the NDP to run this country.

For me it is Liberal, nothing too radical on either side.[/quote]

With that thinking we will always be part of the 60% of Canada that hates Harper, but will have to live with him and his party until we can agree is better for me and you to be together on 1 team.

[quote=“chookie”]

With that thinking we will always be part of the 60% of Canada that hates Harper, but will have to live with him and his party until we can agree is better for me and you to be together on 1 team.[/quote]

We just need the right smear campaign. I don’t like how aggressive Harper is, nor his dirty politics, nor his double-faced lies. I don’t like that his office ordered the Canadian flags to fly normally instead of half-mast when we lost four soldiers and I don’t like his pro-Americanization (with a Z you bastards! Not an S!).

I used to vote Liberal, after the way they have let so many different things run and the HST I won’t vote Liberal again for a long time. But I’m not Conservative, and I don’t like the NDP spending sprees. I may just ruin my ballot for the second time this coming election.

It gets a bit messy when you try and compare federal politics and BC provincial (and municipal) politics.

BC Liberals are not the same as Federal Liberals. That’s why you have a couple of former NDP premiers in the federal Liberal party, for example.

I’d put BC Liberals as closer to the Reform Party wing of the federal Conservatives than the federal Liberals. Unlike other provincial Liberal parties, the BC Liberals aren’t affiliated with the national party.

It gets even more complex when you start talking to Prince Rupert members of these parties. For example, ask a local Conservative how they vote provincially. And then ask them if they support government competing with private enterprise in the economy. Then ask them if they support the City owning Citywest. Confusion! You have self-professed right-wingers supporting government subsidy and ownership of a corporation actively involved in competition with private enterprise.

So yeah, don’t take the party labels too seriously when you vote. Don’t let the sins of a provincial party influence your federal or municipal votes, and vice-versa.

As a guy who voted Liberal in the last two federal elections I’m seriously considering voting for the NDP in 2015, but that would depend on who would be the next leader of the NDP and the Liberal Party.

Also I don’t think the Liberal Party will find someone who’s well known and bullet-proof from the Cons’ character assassination mission, hence will never be resurrected as it was once known in the near future. NDP is very appealing to a centrist like me because they’re pragmatic, more inclusive, least arrogant, and I don’t see them as an exclusive club for big unions. NDP is pretty much my hope of ending years of Harper Government.

[quote=“chookie”]Nathan Cullen will not be forgotten and left out of a cabinet position anytime soon, and maybe,just maybe could be PM one day.
Mulcliar will have a very tough time uniting the NDP, so the chances of him winning and uniting the left is near zero.[/quote]

Mulcair is pretty much the guy who can keep the BQ from re-surging. Also I don’t think Mulcair’s leadership will cause significant bleed of support because of dissent from the very left.