Mr. Campbell pushes the reset button

Monday’s cabinet shuffle moved 16 cabinet ministers around the table, sending many on to new portfolios, designed it seems to change not only some of the faces in the Ministries, but to deflect some of the ongoing political troubles for the Premier.

Though if the reviews of his Monday morning movements are any indication, the troubles continue on anew, only the names on the door plates seemingly changed.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … utton.html)

My favourite line:

When you shuffle a pack of cards, you still have a pack of cards. When you shuffle a pack of liars …

And Podunkian, I am leaving it to you to inform me about tonight’s speech. I can barely take Campbell in 30 second sound bytes. Thirty minutes will leave me physically sick.

[quote=“DWhite”]My favourite line:

When you shuffle a pack of cards, you still have a pack of cards. When you shuffle a pack of liars …

And Podunkian, I am leaving it to you to inform me about tonight’s speech. I can barely take Campbell in 30 second sound bytes. Thirty minutes will leave me physically sick.[/quote]

I don’t like the Premier’s chances for a huge audience, his speech runs up against Game One of the World Series, I suspect that many a viewer will be opting to follow fast balls and home runs of the Giants and Rangers as opposed to the curve balls and foul offs of Team Liberal and their skipper.

“fascinating TV: the last wriggling of a snake that doesn’t know it’s dead.”

Read more: nsnews.com/news/Must/3733972 … z13agwWhxw

I suppose the last wriggling of a snake might be fascinating, but I will still wait for the highlights.