Moving to Rupert, need a rental for 3 months

Hi folks,

I am moving to Rupert the weekend of February 10th. Well, moving is a generous term. My wife and will be packing up what little we can into two VW Golfs and heading out west. We have two small very well behaved dogs (we are “good pet owners”), very clean and quiet folk. No children. We only need this place for 3 months or so until we decide where we want to purchase a house. I will be working full time, and most likely my wife will be working as well shortly.

If you know of a place to rent, that would accept our small family, please reply with rent and contact info. It can be small as it really is just temporary. Partially furnished would be ideal until we close out out house here. If you had pictures, that would be great too. The ideal situation would be to house sit for someone, or a few people, as we will not be bringing enough to make it difficult to move around.

Thanks in advance for your reply. With regards…

Tim Dressel
tjdressel at gmail dot com

Hi Tim! Welcome to Rupert! Here’s hoping you arrive on one of our SUNNY days …Don’t know of anything off hand but if you contact Realty Executives before you come into Rupert they may be able to help you as they manage many properties in town and that would give them a head start to look into it for you. Their phone number is 1 250 6245800…Ask for Karen or Gord is the boss…I wish you good luck…They seem to be very accommodating also as far as allowing for pets in their properties. Post us and keep us updated on your progress if you like…Take care!

Thanks very much for the reply, called and got a machine. I left a message, and will follow up with their reply.

With regards,

Tim Dressel

Hi Tim:
I no longer live in Rupert but have many friends with rental properties. I have copy pasted your request and sent it on to all of them. Hoping one of them will have a set up for you.

Hi everyone,

After playing phone tag for the last two days, I had the chance to chat with Gord. He is sorting us out with a duplex to rent for a few months. Seems like a very nice and knowledgeable guy.

I’m getting a good feeling about our move to Rupert, thanks for the reply’s everyone.

With regards,

Tim Dressel

Hi Tim & Family…Glad to hear you were able to connect with Gord…He is my apartment manager and a very nice person so have fun with your move… I moved out from Ontario 8 years ago so I know what FUN that can be :unamused:Â Here is hoping the weather that has been so nice for the past week holds out for you and you don’t get welcomed to our fair city with the usual wet stuff!!!@Â Â Keep us “POSTED”!@!@

Tim are you looking for a fixer upper type of house to buy. because if so i know of a 3 bedroom unfurnished basement, big big fixer upper for only $65,000.

We haven’t decided yet, but will be looking for a place to do some work to, but maybe a bit nicer than that price range.

With regards,

Tim Dressel