Moving to PR - Need a house to Rent

Hello,

I’ll be driving from Ontario to Prince Rupert after xmas to start a new job and I’m looking for a house to rent. I’m normally not one to post a wanted type ad, but if anyone who’s reading this has tried looking for places to rent online in PR, they know there’s not much posted. I’ve already contacted a local real estate agent and he’s got some places to show me, however not until I arrive. I’m just trying to make sure I’ve checked out all my options.

Basically I’m just looking for a 2 bedroom or similar sized house that’s pet friendly. I have a 2yr old very well behaved Chocolate Lab. And I’m looking to spend around $600 for rent or $700 with utilities and all that fun stuff included. I also need a place that has all the basic appliances including a washer and dryer.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I can be reached at brandon_broderick@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time,
Brandon

Good Luck finding a decent 2 bedroom house for $600 a month… more laughable that for $700 utilities will be included…
You may find a dump but for a decent house you will have to increase that budget…

[quote=“jamesbrown”]Good Luck finding a decent 2 bedroom house for $600 a month… more laughable that for $700 utilities will be included…
You may find a dump but for a decent house you will have to increase that budget…[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is true! You may find a nice suite for that price but probably not pet friendly and that may be another problem you may have here. You will find, as “jamesbrown” posted, some rather rundown houses for that rent. Problem is if you can raise your budget, you will have trouble finding an owner who will rent to someone with a dog. We are moving form here to Ontario next year, whereabouts are you from and any tips on the long trip? Good Luck with your search Brandon !

You can try looking at the online classifieds. This link will take you to the Prince Rupert Northern View’s classifieds section.

bcclassified.com/?sfid=1907

thanks guys, I appreciate the help and the info!

Good Luck Brandon! I still think your best bet is a suite but I am concerned your “puppy” may be an issue! I lucked out when I moved where I am now, a beautiful suite, as I have 2 indoor cats. I couldn’t find anywhere that would take animals and I have excellent refs. It’s a tough one to find a place in a good area of town that is not rundown, especially with your budget. Keep us posted!

Youd probably better off.to buy a house if.youre gonna be there a while. Landlords are off their rocker right now. Though real estate seems up as well