Movies Of The Year

Name your favorite movies of the year.

Harry Potter for me :laughing:

or Cinderella Man

I didnā€™t see a lot of movies at the theatre this year but a great one that came out on DVD was A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT, which is a terrific love story/war epic done by the director of AMELIE (which, by the way, is one of the best movies ever!).

The best movie I saw at the theatre this year was the hilarious 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN :laughing: , with former Daily Show ā€œcorrespondentā€ Steve Carrell, who also stars in Fox TVā€™s version of THE OFFICE.

King Kong :smiley:

Because anything other then screaming and grunting would be hard to
understand right?

ā€œWalk The Lineā€ was good. ā€œCinderella Manā€ was better. ā€œCrashā€ was even better than that. ā€œKing Kongā€ was okay, but it was way too much for me. Although really, there was no way they could have screwed up a love story between a woman and a monkey.

Bah I really didnā€™t see much good in ā€œKing Kongā€. I mean Kong looked
decent, but it felt way too much like a Jurrasic Park movie. And it was
at least 2 hours too long.

But Iā€™m very hopeful match point will be an awesome movie.

Edit: If Match Point ends up sucking, Lord Of War would probably end up
as my best movie of the year.

[quote=ā€œOptimus Primeā€]Bah I really didnā€™t see much good in ā€œKing Kongā€. I mean Kong looked
decent, but it felt way too much like a Jurrasic Park movie. And it was
at least 2 hours too long. [/quote]

Exactly. Totally Jurrasic Park-ish.

I really wanted to see ā€œLord of Warā€. Did it come here at all?

I downloaded and watched the first half of Lord of War, wasnā€™t really into it.

40 Year Old Virgin was fucking hilarious. One of hte best movies Iā€™ve seen in a long time. ā€œI hope youā€™ve got a big enough trunk for my bikeā€¦ā€ or ā€œIā€™m gonna shave your head. Give you a buzz cutā€ BAAAHAHAH

In no particular order

Jarhead, Crash, Sin City, The Jacket, Nothing