More Vandalism.... this time with spraypaint

Yeah, because the geriatrics ward is just totally into defacing welcome signs… :unamused:

I just drove by the old Hollywood Video no more than 5 minutes ago.  There was an officer there with another broken window.  I just shake my head and wonder “Why?”

Bubbasteve, have you seen some of our seniors when they get irritated by something? Remember the big garbage can outrage of a few years back? I wouldn’t put anything past that bunch!

You kids get off my lawn!

I can’t remember what the name of the group is called ( losing it!) the Grey Panthers or something. I heard Hollywood Herb getting an earful from a very youthful Sr Citizen the other day on the street corner.  Even to the point of shaking the finger at him, he was a little red faced haha.  It will take the Sr Citizens of Rupert to straighten out this town.  I have an older parent who by no means is frail … let me tell you . YOU absolutely do not want to get her GOING!  I think she is almost there … look out Mayor and Counil this group of citizens is a force to be reckoned with.  They all came thru WW II and the depression … maybe we should get some of them to run for the election … maybe only for 6 months at a time though … they may get everything done and get bored haha!

I certainly hope that the people who no longer contribute don’t end up bringing about change. Wouldn’t make much sense.

[quote=“eccentric”]
I certainly hope that the people who no longer contribute don’t end up bringing about change. Wouldn’t make much sense.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean by that, can you clarify?

I’m thinking that you mean retired people shouldn’t vote for change, but I’m not sure if that’s what you meant or not. 

Yeah and does that mean bums and people on welfare shouldn’t be able to vote either?

What about disabled people? Chuck them into the group.

If that’s what you’re saying of course.

Isn’t the act of helping to bring about change in itself contributing?

I hope eccentric doesn’t contribute to change … I have issues with his ease of eliminating people from the democratic process. We seniors are the largest voting group and will have way more influence in the next few years.

GREY POWER! :sunglasses:

We may just be misunderstanding him here, or putting words in his mouth.  He may just have meant that people who don’t contribute to the political process, for example.

Eccentric, I’d love to see a clarification, and your reasoning behind it.

bubbasteve735 had a good point back there in regards to the less fortunate and the people so lost in substance abuse. A well run campaign makes sure their vote is counted by getting them ride to and from the polls. Their vote counts especially if this lifestyle they have fallen into affects the community and so many lives. The disabled are very much a part of what makes a change.Every vote counts and it is our responsibility to get them to put their X no matter what the disability may be.