More Gmail invites!

In polite company, we generally say “Sorry, I was wrong.” instead of “I hate you” when somebody points out we are wrong.

The “add new quotes” thread is over here, dude:

viewtopic.php?p=42191

I hate you Anonymous.

MiG: “Sorry, I was wrong.” I see the error I made. It wasn’t gmail where the post with that spelling error originated, it was htmf. It’s htmf that needs a built-in spellchecker.

Nah, I’m pretty sure you meant Gmail, since you were responding to somebody saying how great it was.

The hoshq moving target returns!

“Gmail doesn’t have a spellcheck!”

“yes it does!”

“They just added it, obviously”

“No, you just didn’t see it”

“I wasn’t talking about Gmail, I was talking about HTMF!”

Heh, too funny. Just admit you were wrong, it’s easier.

You’re probably not interested in this (since you don’t believe in dictionaries and correct spelling – or were you wrong about that too?), but Mac OS X has a built-in spellchecker.

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/htmfspell.jpg

Like I said, other people use this all the time, but they are probably losers who think dictionaries are important.

Once again… since when is hoshq ever right???

I’m always right, my words just get twisted out of context.

Anyhow, has anyone else been noticing lots of little bugs with gmail?

You mean like no spell checker?

What kind of bugs? Notice the little “beta” there?

Too funny.

its just you again hoshq

Oh. I thought that meant they don’t like VHS.

No, I meant things like how when you choose a different option on the settings page, the previous option doesn’t deselect:

http://www.hoshq.com/gmail/1.jpg

It’s a beta, it doesn’t support Safari. That’s why it says “we don’t support Safari yet.”

Man, quit while you’re ahead.

Works fine in Safari, but you need to have 1.2 installed.

It doesn’t say that. And quit what? This is a discussion about gmail, and I’m talking about gmail. Duh.

I am in 1.2 (or rather, 1.2.2 (v125.7)). It also seems to often hang when I press the refresh link.

I haven’t used it at all with Safari, so that might be your problem.

They only added Safari support two days ago.

Try Camino or Firefox.

I haven’t had any freezes.

Gmail works well with Firefox, no problems yet

Ya, dude, you’re a victim of language

That’s write, if only their was moore uniformity and consistency with the way people use language, then I wood bee understood better.