Moon

I rented that movie last weekend.  I liked it a lot.  Anyone else watched it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Watched it a few months ago.  Very cool.  Sorta like Groundhog Day meets Blade Runner.

Anything like Blade Runner and I’m in.  :sunglasses:

I watched it last night.  I thought Sam Rockwell did well.
The story had a 2001 feel to it.

Thumbs up.  Worth the rental.

Definitely worth the download.  Actually probably one of the best movies I’ve seen lately.

What did you guys think of the way that the film portrays the psychological effect of realizing the main thing in the story?  ( I don’t want to give it away to people who haven’t seen it yet)

How can we discuss it without giving it away?

Well, I think we can talk about how this film explores the  consequences linked to this idea of science.  So far, it has been used for food production, and experimentally on some animals.  The film pushes it further in the future on the premise that the full use of this scientific endeavour on humans has seemingly been achieved with great success.
The end seems to suggest that the corporation involved was hiding what it was doing. 

The different ways the two characters react to their discovery is also quite interesting.  The most experimented of the two seems to be in denial while the other one has understood quickly what was happening and seems quite methodical about what to do.  It seems to imply that as their time on the moon increases, their personality changes.

Did I give too much away?

Sounds like Blade Runner!  heh.  It’s a common theme – the psychological effects of technologically-created beings.  Then there’s the whole identity thing – questioning if your past is remembered or implanted.

… and “The 6th Day” with Schwarzenegger, and “The Imposter” Gary Sinise. It also looks like “Caprica” will probably have the same scenario.

ugh I hated this movie, it put me to sleep  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hollywood has trained you to respond only to car chases and shootouts.  :imp:

yes it has  :smiley: