Mitt says I Quit

Mitt Romney decided that he wasn’t going to make it to the top of that Republican mountain and surrendered his bid today.

Not quite conceding, not quite quitting, but suspending (whatever that means) his bid for the nomination.

msnbc.msn.com/id/23050678/

It more or less should now guarantee that John McCain will gain the nomination, with Huckabee hanging on no doubt to angle for the VP spot.

I didn’t particularly like Mitt, but, he would have been an easier candidate for the Dems to beat.  I think McCain may be  difficult to beat as he appeals to the moderate element.
The next several months will be interesting.

“Not quite conceding, not quite quitting, but suspending (whatever that means) his bid for the nomination.”

it means that if for some reason McCain has to drop out, Mitt can come back and pick up the delicates he has already won.

A woman, a black guy, a goddam liberal in Republican clothes… how will Jesusland cope?

LOL, you should be working for Fox News, that pretty well sums it all up for their core audience… :smiley:

Excellent observation. :sunglasses:
McCain is a very spry, healthy 70 year old, full of energy.  Unless he makes a serious mis-step politically I think he probably has a lock on the GOP nomination.  I doubt Huckabee can catch him.