Miracle Diets

(another post for Scrub to cringe )

Hmm… there must be something in rupert’s water that ballooned me up, haha kidding.
But in the past three months, since I relocated, I have lost 20 lbs. I never realized this until my relatives in Rupert pointed it out to me and I stepped on a scale.
I think the major factor was ruling out alcohol consumption. Not that I drank a whole lot, but once every two weeks is too much in my eyes.
I have been exercising a tad bit more than usual and haven’t been eatting at night.
I tried using that special oriental tea a while back. To anyone out there that is wanting to shape up for summer, do not drink that stuff!! All is does is cramp up your stomache and… need I say more. Hahaha

I credit my weight loss to eating breakfast, and being up “normal” hours of the day. I never ate breakfast all through school, even when I was little, and didn’t start having breakfast until I started working. Mind you, it’s only a bagel and a cup of coffee or water, but I find that on days when I don’t have time to eat breakfast, I’m more hungry during the day, and tend to eat later at night.

I hate my dad. He decides randomly that he’s gonna lose weight. Stops eating cheese and drinking beer and he looses 15 pounds like its nothing.

GRRRRR

Thailand. Go there to lose wait. Live for $15/day. Eat as much as you want. Sweat nonstop, all day, all night.

I went and lost 53 pounds in 4 months.

at least no one’s talkin frickin atkins.

if i see another place in town with atkins this or atkins that i’m gonna go ape.

Atkins is the WORST diet you could possibly go on. If half the people that were on it, would look up information on it, we would have a lot less people in the hospital with heart problems in the coming years.

Atkins is pretty insane at first. The book (or the website atkins.com) talks about carbs and sugar like they are addictive, and you wouldn’t believe it either until you cut them all out. I’d eat so much food and still always feel hungry. If you mentioned anything food like, I’d start drooling. It didn’t matter what it was, if I started thinking about eating it, I was salivating. By week 4, you can include a lot more carbs than people realize. I quit by week 3. I like variety to much. I missed pizza and pasta. The weird thing was that I was eating bacon as a meal and apparently, that was ok. I lost the weight I wanted very quickly.

Here’s where things got significant for me. I’ve always had stomach problems, and could never figure out what was causing them. As it turns out, my issues were with sugar and things that react with sugar, like yeast for example. Because Atkins focuses on avoiding carbs like those found heavily in sugar, I felt better than I had felt in10 years. I’ve also found a few people with similar experiences, so in my opinion, Atkins has its place.

On another note, the Atkins guy died of a heart infection, not related to his diet.

My problem is I can’t gain weight. I mean, I eat and eat, and still nothing! Anyone have an suggestions?

FAT-KINS DIET

http://www.illwillpress.com/fatkins.html

Now, time for a waffle sundae…

I forget where I read this but if you eat certain foods, you can slow your metabolism right down.

The Atkins diet says it’s perfectly fine to eat an entir block of cheese… because of course, it has very little carbs.

A friend of mine actually thought he would lose weight by eating nothing but bacon, and blocks of cheese. How the hell does that make sense?

mmmm pepperoni and cheese sticks :smiley:

No, “he had a heart attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension and weighed 255 lbs (116kg) at the time of his death.”

http://tinyurl.com/yt3wc

Think about it. Lots of fatty foods and no carbs to flush them out gives you clogged arteries and eventually heart attacks.

carbs are bad. bread is bad. that’s why every culture on the planet has a form of bread, taters, corn, pasta, yams etc. they’re ALL wrong. we don’t live longer, we aren’t taller and smarter than cavemen. deny the evidence. it sells books…

we also smell better. some of us.

And perfume for yer arm-pits?!?

You know how some folks have foot fetishes, etc… I wonder if anyone has an underarm fetish?? I notice quite a few people doing the old scratch and sniff, it is rather disgusting to see.
Just like getting stuck in freeway traffic jams, every single time that I have, there has been some guy with his finger buried up his nose. What’s up with that??

shit its his car, let him be.

public computers on the other hand…

and as for armpit fraay grances, i dig’em when they’re nicety nice. not when they’re funky though, they’res something to be said about how a girl smells naturally however!

hey i have to run public internet and this time of year i get to look forward to a dozen female shrubbies coming in all at once from out of the bush to check e-mail.
i wish they’d hit the shower first cuz [its not the smell] the whole shop gets like working in pheremone stew. by the time i get home even the cat knows to hide…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]hey i have to run public internet and this time of year i get to look forward to a dozen female shrubbies coming in all at once from out of the bush to check e-mail.
i wish they’d hit the shower first cuz [its not the smell] the whole shop gets like working in pheremone stew. by the time i get home even the cat knows to hide…[/quote]

Oh yeah? Try selling them hiking boots when they have leg hair an inch long, and have the nastiest smelling work socks that I’m sure could stand up by themselves.