McCain predicts that he will beat Obama in the final debate

quote — John McCain predicted Sunday he would beat Barack Obama at the final presidential debate this week.

“After I whip his you-know-what in this debate, we’re going to be going out 24/7,” the Republican nominee told volunteers at his campaign headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, sparking laughter and applause from the group. McCain immediately added: “I want to emphasize again, I respect Senator Obama. We will conduct a respectful race, and we will make sure that everybody else does, too.”[/quote]

CNN

Predicted? What is he, a psychic now too?

Heh-heh, apparently so:-)

He has “The Amazing Palin” though on his side  lol

Calling the Democrat opponent names is considered “beating” them in a debate these days.
Calling Kerry a ‘leftist’ and snickering “won” it for Bush last time.

The difference this time is that Obama has fought back hard to counter all of the mud that McCain has thrown his way.  Kerry didn’t fight back during the Swift boat ads, it cost him the election.  Obama is up by 8 points.  The only poll that matters is November 4th.  I have no idea who will win this one. :confused:

McCain may as well say he’ll win the debate, because no matter how badly he’s trounced he’ll say he won afterward. McCain gives away too many IQ points to Obama to ever win a debate against him. Period.

Or maybe Palin is secretly coaching McCain in the fine art of debating?

She is probably more likely to “Tonya Harding” Obama. I can just see her waiting in the wings now.  :smiley:

History has shown that McCain is at his best when his back is to the wall, don’t count him out just yet.  However, he will need a convincing win tomorrow over Obama, not a tie.  Obama (the ice-man) will stay frosty and unless he makes a serious mistake will probably win the debate.

The sad thing about history, is the fact that people don’t pay attention to it.  They will believe whatever the people on “TV” tell them.  We are celebrating a cult of personality, instead of looking for substance. 
America needs another Andrew Jackson, and so does the planet.
Ralph Nader for prez…
peace

These debates are so riveting, it’s like watching train wreck.  Both of our candidates talk out of their asses, neither one of them has the answers to the problems my country is facing.  But I will admit I want to bang Sarah Palin, sexy librarian look turns me on.  If she would just get up during the debate and start stripping, Mccain would win the election by a landslide.

Doesn’t it drive you nuts that they’re so identical the policy differences are so miniscule, yet they act like there’s this huge chasm between Democrats & Republicans.
Worship the military, kiss the flag and all that.
There’s a fucking bigger gap between Joe Clark and Steven Harper!

watched the debate- not so sure his prediction was right-what does everybody else think?

I think McCain is a shady son of a bitch and he has more war written all over his twitching face. I know he is very much into the Bush thing. Hard to believe a man who is reaching for last straw all the time. Obama seems to be saying it right and sways when he talks and walks, again he does come off as the smart one in the crowd and I think he is cool and laid back.