Mc D #$*&#$(&

Dude, i think you forgot a few ingredients. 100% pure beef has SOME beef-like substances or beef wastes. Nuggets go through TWO jet engines. Ice cream has some form of cream (although i’m not sure from which animal). And the lettuce from the salads is probably made from recycled Filipino newspapers.

the worst part is that if I’m hungry enough and in a hurry I’ll still eat McD’s simply because it’s right there in yer face…
and it is a diversion from my usual diet of caffiene and mostly pure sugar and preservatives.

Sorry for digging up an old thread again, but it’s almost 11 pm over here and I’m bored out of my skull.

Perhaps a quote from Office Space might help to shed some light on the attitude of your typical McDonald’s worker:

“It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care. . . It’s a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime, so where’s the motivation?”

Nobody chooses to work at McDonald’s because they want to work there. They work there because they have no other choice. If you were working there, no matter how fired up you were at the beginning, I guarantee you that after two months you’d have next to no motivation either.

McDonald’s food is the way it is for one reason: it’s cheap. It’s cheap because they cut costs. They cut costs by buying low cost food, cooking it in low cost ways, and hiring low cost staff to cook and serve it.

If you want good quality, go down to Opa Sushi or Galaxy Gardens. It may cost more, but the quality is definitely worth it.

I remember how crappy Mickey D’s was, at least 3 times they were out of something, like burgers, fries, etc. I prefer to make my own food now. Fast food sucks.

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]Sorry for digging up an old thread again, but it’s almost 11 pm over here and I’m bored out of my skull.

Perhaps a quote from Office Space might help to shed some light on the attitude of your typical McDonald’s worker:

“It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care. . . It’s a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime, so where’s the motivation?”

Nobody chooses to work at McDonald’s because they want to work there. They work there because they have no other choice. If you were working there, no matter how fired up you were at the beginning, I guarantee you that after two months you’d have next to no motivation either.

McDonald’s food is the way it is for one reason: it’s cheap. It’s cheap because they cut costs. They cut costs by buying low cost food, cooking it in low cost ways, and hiring low cost staff to cook and serve it.

If you want good quality, go down to Opa Sushi or Galaxy Gardens. It may cost more, but the quality is definitely worth it.[/quote]

(Presents engrave red Swingline)
And if you can take a year working at McD’s the ability to figuratively ‘eat shit’ is actually a selling point on your ceevee.

But they taste so goood.

Make your own food it’s much tastier if you make it right.

To say nothing of the fact that you know EXACTLY what’s going into it. You can’t say the same for most stuff at restaurants, especially fast food.

I made this awesome salmon dish with whisky cream sauce the other day. God that was fantastic! And the best part is, it didn’t cost that much to make (probably a grand total of about $15 for two people), nor was it hard to make (took about half an hour from start to finish).

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
(Presents engrave red Swingline)
And if you can take a year working at McD’s the ability to figuratively ‘eat shit’ is actually a selling point on your ceevee.[/quote]

(Graciously accepts the gift)
I-I-I-I like the Swingline stapler b-b-b-because it doesn’t bind up as much as the Bostich stapler. If they try to take it away from me, I’m going to set the building on fire!

Did you ever see Mike Judge’s original animated shorts of Office Space? They were really funny too!

I don’t remember the last time I ate at McDonalds, or any fast food joint that is. I’ve become very food-conscious because I have a weak stomach so nowadays my diet consists of:

• Rice Crackers
  • Rice Cakes
  • Rice
  • Water
  • Juice
  • Bread
  • Crackers
  • Vegetables
  • Fruit
  • Chicken

and occasionally other stuff on the side. I make food for myself, I don’t remember feeling so good, and I lost 15lbs without even knowing it.

eww catsup with mcdick fries is gross…

[quote=“SteveDVS”]I don’t remember the last time I ate at McDonalds, or any fast food joint that is. I’ve become very food-conscious because I have a weak stomach so nowadays my diet consists of:

• Rice Crackers
  • Rice Cakes
  • Rice
  • Water
  • Juice
  • Bread
  • Crackers
  • Vegetables
  • Fruit
  • Chicken

and occasionally other stuff on the side. I make food for myself, I don’t remember feeling so good, and I lost 15lbs without even knowing it.[/quote]

Yeah anyone would lose weight. Try eating food, hot & sour soup and some Thai green curry. Toughen up that stomach. Use those buds on your tongue, I’m thinkin’ “Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic” or a 2" ball of wasabe just to wake your tongue up after all that abuse…

If you think Rotten Ronnie’s fries with ketchup are gross, you should try what my Chinese friends ordered at a restaurant in Richmond years ago–chicken’s feet and beef intestines.

Or how about what I had at a (pseudo-) Italian restaurant a while back: pizza with a fried egg that was still runny!

Not to mention watching my co-workers eating mushroom and soy sauce spaghetti with chopsticks, leaving half of the noodles hanging out of their mouths and slurping it up like ramen.

Are you grossed out yet? :smiling_imp:

mmmm runny eggs

ill never order another hamburger from the drive thu,

when I got home, the f-ing thing was upside down in the carton, and I couldnt get it out without completely falling apart,

if you want lots of ketchup, goto number 1 in the mall, they love giving you ketchup, piles of it, even if you hate it, like I do.

Oh when they do that with the burgers, there’s either an overload of lettuce or none at all, and they are soggy and grose too.

If you want good food, invest in the ingredients for a fancy meal, i did so myself and it was a wonderful thing to do.

Some damn good food listings.

Fried Fish Cakes (mmmmmmm)
Ka’a jumps (spelling)
Seaweed and rice (the healthiest meal)
Abalone Chop Suey (but we can’t get the abalone)
of Course, Fried Sockey
AND DON"T FORGET RIPPLE CHIPS!!!

[quote=“Madness”]Oh when they do that with the burgers, there’s either an overload of lettuce or none at all, and they are soggy and grose too.

If you want good food, invest in the ingredients for a fancy meal, i did so myself and it was a wonderful thing to do.[/quote]

Or if you don’t mind waiting for them to make it, go to La Gondola or Green Apple for a burger. I’ve never had a fast food burger that can even hold a candle to what I can get at either of those places.

I am aware of the goodness from those two restaurants. Just a personal tip though, don’t eat in that small diner room, the seats are infested with ants :laughing:

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I only get burgers from La Gondola’s drive in anyway. Only place in town you can get onion rings instead of fries.