Maxtor hard drive

The hard drive I was working on the is corrupted was 3.1 gb. Does anyone know how much a 10 or 20 gb hard drive would cost? (Maxtor) :frowning:

Good luck finding one, unless you buy used.

Usually, stores don’t carry any less than a 40 GB…

Heres an 18, but with a rather high pricetag for a maxtor…
ncix.com/products/index.php? … ure=Maxtor

thats actually a cheap price for this hard drive … if you knew what it was yuod understand… here…

First off it is SCSI
then 10,000 rpm
5 year warrantee

18GB 10000RPM 4.5MS
80PIN U320 SCSI

you may be hooped. If you had a 3.1 your system may not be able to use a 40. Is the IDE connector on the motherboard black or blue?
If it’s black you may need to hunt down a 20GB…

If you can’t find one give me a post. I think i have some 8 GBs around.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]you may be hooped. If you had a 3.1 your system may not be able to use a 40. Is the IDE connector on the motherboard black or blue?

If you can’t find one give me a post. I think i have some 8 GBs around.[/quote]

black blue purple green white red yellow… color doesn’t mean a difference…

and you can buy a 20 - 40 gig and use over-lay software…

eeewww!

run a 40 GB with a 40wire ribbon?

Buy a new computer, dude!

speaking of dudes, why is that Steve guy a bad Dell rep?

cuz marijuana’s a GATEWAY drug
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

66 ata or 100 ata you’ll loose the performance but gain the size LOL… or you could always buy a promise card too LOL or a new computer…

ya know, i just slapped together a Duron 700 w a AsusA7V promise board and 15 GB from recovered parts and sold it same day for $275.
that woulda solved your problem.
(hated to flog it, that was a nice mb in it’s day, but maxed out at 1 GHz. Could’ve made a RAID server w like 4 drives and an Athlon 1300+ or something)

It’s just pickin’ bits’ to even post this, but when in RAID mode, the promise controler only takes 2 drives.

That was a rockin board though. I have the A7V and the A7V133 models. The 133 has the RAID, but it also has a chipset fan and starts making a lot of noise. Runs very hot too. If left at idle, it would make my living room very stuffy.

now i don’t feel so bad getting rid of it. it was only the A7V, the earlier on w/o ob sound too.

So it’s my A7V that’s blasting my room’s temperature through the roof?

the asus a7v and azv133’s both sucked the power up and created alot of heat… it was my first board too that i bought… and they will take up to a 1.4gig… if flashed…

[quote] you may be hooped. If you had a 3.1 your system may not be able to use a 40. Is the IDE connector on the motherboard black or blue?

If you can’t find one give me a post. I think i have some 8 GBs around.[/quote]

8 Gb’s would be nice, becasue my buds just want this fixed up for there children, homework and stuff like that. Nothing special and expensive needed here.

But I aree, I don’t think ribbon color’s mean alot here. :smiley:

Haha, I have NEVER heard of a computer actually bought just for homework, or at least it never turns out that way.

Buuuuuuuuttttt I guess some kids do. Unless we lend them our Type writer in the basement. Hey that might save money! 8)