Massage therapy

Pardon my ignorance, but WTF is rolfing?

You and I think alike Mig. I question things far more than my father does. I would never impose that on my father though. He felt better the next day after treatment. I doubt accupuncture would work for me BECAUSE I question it’s validity. In a way though, doesn’t that actually makes me worse off? I would continue to suffer. Someone like my dad would not.

You know what I do for my back pain? Not be a pussy. That and get the wife to give me massages.

Heh, it’s different when you have a bulging disk in your back… Can’t really ignore that, cause if not treated properly, it could separate from the spine and cause even more problems. I decided to take the path of physio therapy, that way I can build up my muscles and make sure an injury like this is less likely to happen. And trust me, when you’re muscles are going into major spasm, so badly that you can’t move or get out of bed without extreme agony, and your nerve pain is hurting from your lower back all the way down to the bottom of your foot, I doubt you’d be able to ignore it. The day that happened, I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance. I didn’t want to, but there was nothing else I could do, even if I forced myself to move, I was almost passing out due to the pain. The doctor came in to talk to me in emerge, and I couldn’t understand what he was saying, and that wasn’t due to a heavy accent, I was in too much pain, and I could barely get any words out of my mouth. Finally I mustered up a “could you PLEASE get me something for the pain?” and he rushed off to do so.

Trust me, there are some pains, you can’t, and shouldn’t ignore.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]Heh, it’s different when you have a bulging disk in your back… Can’t really ignore that, cause if not treated properly, it could separate from the spine and cause even more problems. I decided to take the path of physio therapy, that way I can build up my muscles and make sure an injury like this is less likely to happen. And trust me, when you’re muscles are going into major spasm, so badly that you can’t move or get out of bed without extreme agony, and your nerve pain is hurting from your lower back all the way down to the bottom of your foot, I doubt you’d be able to ignore it. The day that happened, I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance. I didn’t want to, but there was nothing else I could do, even if I forced myself to move, I was almost passing out due to the pain. The doctor came in to talk to me in emerge, and I couldn’t understand what he was saying, and that wasn’t due to a heavy accent, I was in too much pain, and I could barely get any words out of my mouth. Finally I mustered up a “could you PLEASE get me something for the pain?” and he rushed off to do so.

Trust me, there are some pains, you can’t, and shouldn’t ignore.[/quote]

whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa. Sissy. You have no idea the stupid injuries I’ve ignored mostly at my own peril.

LOL Gotta be macho right Jesus?

It’s a kind of deep tissue massage. A boyfriend of mine had a full course of 9 or ten treatments and he said it was pretty painful. They move your ligaments and things around over your bones. As to its effectiveness, I don’t know. He did stop snoring after the nasal manipulation session though.

Well, there is back soreness, and then there is real pain. The last time my back went out two years ago or so the pain was so extreme I could not stand up. My wife called the firefighters and they carried me out of my house on a stretcher and the paramedics took me to the hospital for some strong pain killers.
I have a high pain tolerance, but, that pain was awful. Severe back pain is completely incapacitating. I’ve been lucky that I have not had a relapse. Exercise and stretching helps to keep my back healthy.

[quote=“hitest”]

Well, there is back soreness, and then there is real pain. The last time my back went out two years ago or so the pain was so extreme I could not stand up. My wife called the firefighters and they carried me out of my house on a stretcher and the paramedics took me to the hospital for some strong pain killers.
I have a high pain tolerance, but, that pain was awful. Severe back pain is completely incapacitating. I’ve been lucky that I have not had a relapse. Exercise and stretching helps to keep my back healthy.[/quote]

That’s the same kind of thing that happened to me Hitest. I don’t like pain, but I’m very good at sucking it up and pretending it isn’t there. The pain I was having when this whole ordeal started, was pain enough to have me screaming in agony, there was no pretending it wasn’t there. I didn’t walk out of my room and into the ambulance, they had to give me laughing gas, so I could twist enough in bed that they could use the clamshell stretcher under me. I had waited a week before I did anything, my neighbor thought my dog was dead cause I was crying so loudly with the window open at six in the morning LOL. I was trying to get dressed, so I could go babysit for a friend. I barely made it back into bed.

The pain I’m in now, isn’t half as bad as that was. And I never want to feel back pain that bad again. Ever.

You bunch of cry baby whiners. You want to know real pain? come hit your head on the corner of the stupid fucking cabinets at my house. My head is bleeding and i left flesh behind.

The pain didnt last long but if you think you see foul language from me here you should have seen that display.

hitest hits jesus in the head with fish

vague Monty Python reference :smile:

With all this pain you have, how are you able to stay on the computer for long? When i hurt my back, I could barely sit, hope you have a laptop. At least living at home your parents can help you out so that helps too. Good luck with everything.

The laptop is on the coffee table, so I lay on my side on the couch with a pillow between my legs. It’s been nice, I can be on the computer and distract myself so the pain isn’t at the front of my mind. And yes, it’s been great being at home during this, I probably would have just layed on the floor and not done anything if it wasn’t for my parents. It’s much better than it was before, my foot still goes numb if I stand for too long but I’m not having muscle spasms anymore. And I’m not in so much pain that I’m reduced to tears either. Starting physio again on wednesday. Should be fun… LOL

Oh and homeopathy is not for me Mig, I’m too far into the realms of reality… Thanks though. giggles

You know, surgery might not be a bad idea, you’re still young so you’ll heal quickly. Better to deal with it now than to wait when it could get worse.

I’d honestly rather exaust all options before going under the knife, the worst that can happen is the bulging disk can be pinched away from the spine, and then I’d need surgery anyways.

[quote=“jesus”]You bunch of cry baby whiners. You want to know real pain? come hit your head on the corner of the stupid fucking cabinets at my house. My head is bleeding and i left flesh behind.

The pain didnt last long but if you think you see foul language from me here you should have seen that display.[/quote]

Imagine if you check with the mother of your child, you will find that your complaint of pain is pretty low on the threshold meter compared to labour.

So really buttercup, suck it dude, it’s but a cabinet and your head, replaceable parts no doubt available.

[quote=“Smurfette”]

[quote=“jesus”]You bunch of cry baby whiners. You want to know real pain? come hit your head on the corner of the stupid fucking cabinets at my house. My head is bleeding and i left flesh behind.

The pain didnt last long but if you think you see foul language from me here you should have seen that display.[/quote]

Imagine if you check with the mother of your child, you will find that your complaint of pain is pretty low on the threshold meter compared to labour.

So really buttercup, suck it dude, it’s but a cabinet and your head, replaceable parts no doubt available.[/quote]

She had morphine I got nothing for my pain. I hardly think its fair to compare her pain to mine. Obviously if I had morphine I wouldnt have complained.

[quote=“tracyk859”]Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.[/quote]

Hi. I’m probably the nicest guy on here. Welcome to the board.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“tracyk859”]Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.[/quote]

Hi. I’m probably the nicest guy on here. Welcome to the board.[/quote]

Nice enough to reply to a spambot!