Manson's Jewelers closing

I can understand why people are upset by the state of 3rd ave, its sad to see so many empty store fronts. As for Mansons the owners are retiring so they have every right to close
the store after 45 years in business.

Prince Rupert itself was not built so people could access the waterfront for pleasure. We are extremely lucky to have the industry we do otherwise this town would be dead. Houses would be worth nothing. There would be nothing here except in the summer when people come into town for charter fishing. Plus its not like we can’t utilize certain areas of our waterfront.

Hopefully in the future we will see 3rd ave recover to some point. The population needs to increase to bring in more business. Young people need to continue their education, at least graduate from high school. We can only hope that the future of Prince Rupert is getting brighter.

What does this have to do with the owners closing their store so they can enjoy their retirement?

So tell me did all of the other store owners retire as well ? We are going to start looking like Detroit pretty soon . The Big Picture is very disheartening and city council plus chamber of commerce should be very ashamed of what is happening to this community . Whoever believes there is nothing wrong with this picture from these two groups that I mentioned have there heads up their dirt shoots .

Again, what does the Manson owners retiring and closing their doors have to do with other businesses shutting down for economic reasons?

[quote=“PLA”]

Again, what does the Manson owners retiring and closing their doors have to do with other businesses shutting down for economic reasons?[/quote]

The fact remains that no one wanted to buy it out and continue running the place… one by one as business owners retire the older shops will close…

[quote=“jamesbrown”]
The fact remains that no one wanted to buy it out and continue running the place… one by one as business owners retire the older shops will close…[/quote]

You know for a fact that no one wanted to buy out Manson’s?

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jamesbrown”]
The fact remains that no one wanted to buy it out and continue running the place… one by one as business owners retire the older shops will close…[/quote]

You know for a fact that no one wanted to buy out Manson’s?[/quote]

they had been wanting to private sale sell it for years…

If they’re trying to sell their business for years, then where’s the for-sale sign? Quick Google search shows they never put up a for-sale ad.

I think you’re bullshitting.

Manson hasn’t been up for sale, their kids didn’t want to take it over, owners are nearing 70 and their family lives in Kelowna so their retiring to be closer to family.