Man Beaten in Prince Rupert

Some of the comments after the news article are disturbing to me. I do not think it is fair to say Prince Rupert is ALL BAD because of such events, because they happen EVERYWHERE! I also agree with many of the comments that we should not point to race as a reason. We are all human beings and need to treat each other the same, but that has proved not to happen time and time again. I am posting the article with the advice that we need to protect ourselves at all times, and we need to protect each other. Bring the perpetrators against the legal system and hopefully they will be dealt with. In the meantime, be safe!

thenorthernview.com/news/233516671.html

This sort of thing would not normally happen in Rupert. Here wishing the guy get justice.

Well actually this sort of thing does happen in Rupert. Not often but we’ve had some black eyes in the past. There was a man who was almost beaten to death outside of the Surf Club about 8 years ago.

There was the 6’6" man who was beaten to death by 4 teens some years back. I believe he had a Scandinavian name and was referred to as a ‘gentle giant’ in the paper.
There are all manner of suicides, drownings, beatings and unresolved crimes that take place here and no one knows the outcome of. How about the little baby that died last year and we were told it was struck by someone on a bike at around 10 pm the night before. The baby was in a wagon being pulled by ? How many people bought that story? I think not too many of us and the police will say nothing because they can’t. More time will go by and that child will be forgotten.

It sure would be nice to know some names though. No shame to the victim, but the perps should be made a little uncomfortable in their home community. So they like men hey??..

[quote=“Blue2”]Well actually this sort of thing does happen in Rupert. Not often but we’ve had some black eyes in the past. There was a man who was almost beaten to death outside of the Surf Club about 8 years ago.

There was the 6’6" man who was beaten to death by 4 teens some years back. I believe he had a Scandinavian name and was referred to as a ‘gentle giant’ in the paper.
There are all manner of suicides, drownings, beatings and unresolved crimes that take place here and no one knows the outcome of. How about the little baby that died last year and we were told it was struck by someone on a bike at around 10 pm the night before. The baby was in a wagon being pulled by ? How many people bought that story? I think not too many of us and the police will say nothing because they can’t. More time will go by and that child will be forgotten.

It sure would be nice to know some names though. No shame to the victim, but the perps should be made a little uncomfortable in their home community. So they like men hey??..[/quote]

Uh, the crime was not about sexual orientation.

This was a hate crime!

UPDATE:

thenorthernview.com/news/233516671.html

[quote]Prince Rupert RCMP are seeking assistance in identifying four First Nations men in a silver, newer-model pick-up truck in relation to last weekend’s sexual assault.

According to RCMP, the four men picked up the complainant in the downtown core near 6th Street and 2nd Ave. West on Nov. 23 and drove him to the Prince Rupert cemetery where he was sexually assaulted. He was later picked up by a taxi at the gaming centre and immediately taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.[/quote]

Elaborate.

Pretty much that’s what I just said. O_o

These guys are going to see a lot of blown gaskets when they have their first court appearance.

Not that it matters at all as the crime was horrendous but I thought the family said he was found tied to a tree out highway 16? How did he get from the cemetery to the gaming centre? Did I misread the original article? Whatever happened, I feel sorry for the man and hope justice is served.

I also was confused, but we all probably pictured him tied out by the Shoe Tree or Butze, however Highway 16 goes right to the Ferries. And I guess he must have been found and taken to the Gaming Centre, where he was picked up by a taxi to be taken to the hospital, but that is my guess as to where he went from the tree to the Gaming Centre.

Regardless, wow, I really feel for this man. We are behind you, whoever you are! This needs to come to justice!

[quote=“PLA”]
These guys are going to see a lot of blown gaskets when they have their first court appearance.[/quote]

It does indeed sound like a terrible event. I hope that the person is recovering from the attack. Frontier justice serves no purpose in my opinion.