Major site-clearing on Park Avenue

I noticed that there has been some major site clearing happening on the huge parcel of land located on the west side of the Park Avenue RV campground, all the way to down towards the BC Ferries terminal area.

This is the parcel of land that is currently going through a re-zoning process to remove it from the P1 zoning.

Anyone know what is going on there? Most of the trees have all be cut down/removed. I believe this parcel of land was recently purchased as there used to be a For Sale sign on the land.

According to a substantiated rumor I have heard a mall complex co-anchored by Canadian Tire and Costco is planned for the site along with a with Mr. Mikes and A and W. It will be built by a major Saskatchewan potash exporter (my rumour source refused to release the identity of the exporter citing too much information).
Further rumours indicate that Petronas’ response to Chevron’s announcement today was ‘Tuck it’.

then the bridge to the airport will have a direct off/ on ramp to this new shopping center

Wow, all the Prince Rumors rolled into one pretty package… :wink:

Bridge, what bridge? I heard they will be re-purposing and re-cycling the Massey Tunnel in the mainland, shipping it up here and running it between Kaien and Digby Islands…sinking the new link will require a private/public partnership.

Great that must be another proposal that I heard rumors of

there are several shopping centre proposals … one being rebirth of the box store proposed development on the old BC Hydro site

Maybe it’s being cleared for one of the massive work camps for the non-existent LNG project OR, our Council has finally found a solution to our rental issue, another campground !

I would not look to city council for any relieve re: rental issue Lee is already proposing an increase in his pay and that’s a fact not a rumor

[quote=“chien22”]According to a substantiated rumor I have heard a mall complex co-anchored by Canadian Tire and Costco is planned for the site along with a with Mr. Mikes and A and W. It will be built by a major Saskatchewan potash exporter (my rumour source refused to release the identity of the exporter citing too much information).
Further rumours indicate that Petronas’ response to Chevron’s announcement today was ‘Tuck it’.[/quote]

I heard it’s being cleared as a dumping ground for all the bullshit people post on Hacking The Mainframe. They’re concerned it won’t be nearly big enough.

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

I would not look to city council for any relieve re: rental issue Lee is already proposing an increase in his pay and that’s a fact not a rumor[/quote]

It looks like he does indeed want a pay increase, but with increased work. However the article points out the Mayor of Terrace is paid much less and is also part time.

thenorthernview.com/news/288431221.html

Indeed. Not at all big enough.

It is actually going to be a steel plant to produce all the steel needed for the Alaska Ferries terminal … and both the BC Legislature and Canadian Parliament are being recalled to formally hand the land over to the US so that the steel will be officially produced in the US.

Yes and the Yuppy kids camp council are finding housing in BC Housing Market Value Town Houses for the American workers as they cant get the work camps ready soon enough

This way we will look truly American with a full compliment of homeless people