Maher Terminal Cranes

If anyone took some pics of the ship/cranes, please share as I couldn’t get away to see.  Thanks

You can see them now on the Port Authority webcam

209.145.100.24:1028/en/JViewer.html

I managed to get a couple of shots up above Graham Avenue. Here’s one for ya Dave. I sure hope my picture doesn’t end up on the cover of Breakers’ next menu!..lol

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

told ya they were coming in jeeze… :laughing:

great Picts Mike well done…

Hi thanks for that.  I just looked outside my house and I can see them from my window, they are the size of large ants, but I can still see them.  Cool!

[quote=“Astrothug”]
told ya they were coming in jeeze… :laughing:[/quote]

No one ever believes you Astro. You’re a lone wolf.

LOL ya im a wolf in sheep clothing…lol

Have you ever been to the Lookout? It is about 1/4 of the way up the mountain, obviously off the right side, by the old tracks. It is a bit of a hike in but you can’t miss the turn-off for it. There is a bit of a turn around for cars and you follow the tracks. You will find a platform with a metal corrugated roof and of all things, an old cast iron wood stove. No Shit! I couldn’t believe it when I saw it, that someone had gone to all that trouble but I think they camp over up there. Haven’t been up there for 2 years but the view is magnificent. Your son, I think, would be fine.Don’t give up on the trek, if it is grown over at all, just keep working it, so worth it, look out over the whole of Superport, Digby and way beyond… Take a lunch and have a GREAT time :smiley: Wish I could get up there. Used to hike it quite often and LOVED it!!!

Here’s my shots

More shots of them on my photo site. some heli logging shots as well.
www.flickr.com/photos/zpaperboyz

I realize the enormity of the fact that these cranes are here and that this will be great for our booming?? town but their arrival has been on Channel 10 all evening and has been akin to watching paint dry :laughing:

I would expect so considering it’s going to take a week to put them into place.

But I’m gld that they are providing this service, because many interested people may not have the ability or resources to see them in person.  And as far as watching paint dry, well, if you’ve ever watched the BC legislature channel, this can’t be any worse.

Here are some photo’s from the air:

Great pics CrazyMike, thanks for sharing them.

heres some pics my dad and i took from adventure tours new katamaran The Inside Passage

special thanks to the crew at adventure tours for the privelidge of going out there with them!! What a Gorgeous new ship!!!

i swear the whole operation looked like it would topple over.

Just for the record I didn’t take the pics. I just got them forwarded on to me by someone.

Sure Mike …Sure…

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us CrazyMike; they are truly amazing!