Macbook disconnects

Trouble with one guy’s Macbook at his worksite. His wireless connection works fine at home.
Opened a browser and terminal. Ping the router at 192.168.0.1 and it pings (but too slow = like 4-5ms at best)
Try to open a website,
the ping to the router stops. Times out maybe 10-12 times. Then starts 10-12 times. Sometimes the site loads, sometimes not.

nslookup website from terminal - checks out. Ping website from terminal, works fine. Open browser, lose ping, lose nslookup.

Only THAT Macbook, others work fine. Auto DHCP… static makes no difference. Added Google 8.8.8.8 to DNS, no difference

Any ideas where or what to look for?

Loose antenna connection? Bad wireless card?

Eliminate software issues as being the cause by booting from recovery partition or usb and trying same pinging.

thx
Get my hands on it tomorrow, owner claims it works on other wireless connections. Have to see for myself.

Ok, so now this is happening to one of my MacBooks. There’s 4 MacBooks in this house (don’t ask), and 3 of them are on Yosemite. One of those is doing what you describe – losing wifi connection every few minutes, etc. Didn’t happen until the upgrade to Yosemite.

It only happens with a 802.11n network. If I connect it to 802.11ac or 802.11g it’s fine.

So there may be something more to this.

Wouldn’t connect to my home signal either until I ran the assist me function. Then it kept popping up saying it wouldn’t work until it did, zap you are now connected. Worked fine here.

Installed Win7 and worked fine on the Windows side. Took it back and it connected fine at the office on the Windows side.

Manager there called a stop. Says enough time and money wasted, the guy can use Windows at work and ‘Stupid Mac’ at home.
Won’t get to the bottom of it now…

Wouldn’t connect to my home signal either until I ran the assist me function. Then it kept popping up saying it wouldn’t work until it did, zap you are now connected. Worked fine here.

Installed Win7 and worked fine on the Windows side. Took it back and it connected fine at the office on the Windows side.

Manager there called a stop. Says enough time and money wasted, the guy can use Windows at work and ‘Stupid Mac’ at home.
Won’t get to the bottom of it now…

Hey Herbie,

10.10.1 has been seeded to developers and beta testers. I’m installing it right now on my Macbook (the one with WiFi issues on 802.11n networks). Will let you know how it goes.

http://i.imgur.com/zjHFtEal.png