Mac Hater wants rid of hers

Someone brought in a 24" iMac to unload as she hates it, it’s useless and Macs don’t do ANYTHING.
As it’s very likely I could spend days quoting her on a PC of equivalent value and she’d tell me how much cheaper it was on eBay, someone might be interested.
24" model, 500GB drive and I think 2 GB RAM. About 45-60 days old, she wants $1500, you pay shipping. I’m not marking it up a penny for htmf members.

I want the thing so bad myself (not a fucking thing wrong with it, and plays DVDs sharper than my tv at home!) but I think I should give CRA some $$ instead… and she owes me for wiping and saving her personal stuff, which was more fun than work so I feel compensated already. Besides the gf says I have to get all new furniture in the spare room if I got something that classy, so she can live with the Mac mini then.

Tell me if she’s asking too much. I know they sell new at London Drugs & Future Shop for $1849 - $1899 but I don’t know the exact specs.

I would have bought it too except I just bought a MacBook Pro.

It’s probably this one, though confirm before buying:

“The highest-end 24-inch iMac model received the largest update this round, receiving both a processor and graphics bump. The $2,299 model features a 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo chip and a 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS graphics card. One of the few complaints we had with last year’s 24-inch iMac was the fact that the otherwise high-end configuration saddled you with a midrange graphics card. Now, you get a 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS, a more powerful graphics card than the 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro it replaces. The GeForce card is a $150 upgrade option on the $1,799 model, while moving from the 2.8GHz CPU to the 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo is a $200 upgrade. You can also choose to double the RAM to 4GB for $200. Hard drive capacities go up to 1TB; it’s a reasonable $300 upgrade from the 320GB drive and $250 from the 500GB drive.”

Model 24-inch 2.8GHz 24-inch 3.06GHz
Price                         $2,299 (Free shipping)
Processor                  3.06GHz Core 2 Duo
Memory                    2GB 800MHz DDR2
Hard drive                 500GB, 7,200rpm
Graphics                 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS
Native resolution  1,920x1,200
Optical drive SuperDrive

Calvin and Jobs:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2723090810_6501c93ae2_o.png

I actually find the 24" screen just ‘too much real estate’ to work with…

Decided to concentrate on my AMD X4 u/g for work and a new UC laptop… maybe hack a new CPU and RAM u/g for the Mac mini instead.

I’d be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie if it was a laptop!

With a 24" screen, you’d have to BE a fat kid for IT to be a laptop… :smiley: