Linux

Must have been the same version as bob the knob… dumbian lunix?

Dosent parallels run two os’s at the same time?  I just want xp to load in the ram and run off the ram.

YOU CANT DO THAT YOU STUPID TOOL!!

Sure sounds like a windows live CD or USB key thing to me.  no hard drive necessary, just runs in a RAM disk, or off the DVD/CD drive or a USB key.

See this: 

informationweek.com/shared/p … =177102101

Id love to know how he is going to do this on his compaq pos computer.

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha :smiley:

Compaq?  AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I hate Compaqs and Linux.  Too much proprietary hardware.  Compaqs suck. :imp:

I just installed ubuntu Linux on this Compaq laptop… All hardware found and works very nicly. Fast and clean, boot’s quick too.

futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde … tid=22495#

It’s a nice laptop other than the fact that it is a compaq. Its pretty slick too!

I think I’m talking about older Compac desktops before Compac merged with HP.  I’ve had bad luck with older Compac desktops, so I’m a bit judgmental about Compac.  I know HP likes Linux.  Great news about your Compac laptop, good to know.

Tis not mine :smile: just a friends that wanted to see if it worked, & it did :smiley:

Cool. :smiley:  Good to know HP laptops are a good option.

Now they’re the same company it’s like buying a Plymouth instead of a Dodge and bragging about how much better it is.
Shit I shouldn’t have used that analogy. Some of the posters don’t remember Plymouths…
How about a Firebird and a Camaro?

Um, :smiley: Same thing.

I think you completely missed that, Leaman.

I know i was just dragging it.

Someone bought a floppy today for their Alieinware. He asked why they put a $12 floppy in a $2500 computer. I told him it was because they ran out of $3 floppy drives…

Your saying they bought a floppy drive because they didn’t have one in the computer ?

You left out the didn’t :smiley:

no it was an older one and the floppy died. I would’ve put in a slot cover instead of a floppy…

on another forum someone asked if anyone still used floppies. I had to answer that ya, I just used three under the fridge to stop it wobbling…

I have my dual boot laptop back. Bwah hah hah! Now I’m wondering what would happen if I took the restore disks from my Mac mini and booted the other laptop with them…?????

Is it a intel mac mini or a G4 ?

If it is a intel one it should work… Won’t hurt to try. Remember to press that “C” key to boot… :stuck_out_tongue:

J’

Speaking of stable os’s Osx 10.5 is not Stable…Â