Laptops!

Hey Hey Hey!

Long Time No Post eh!

Ok.
Question.

My mom wants to buy a laptop. Not expensive. But not crap either.

Suggestions? Comments? Celeron? Centrino?

Ta!

64 bit technology is now available in an energy efficient processor

AMD Turionâ„¢ 64

Centrino. If you want battery life with power.

Pentium M~!

A Centrino is a Pentium M paired with an 855 chipset / wifi, or so I understand it to be…

Centrino / Pentium “M” all the way, Lemrac! Hella-long bettery life.

What about brand and stuff.

She wants to do school work and stuff on it. Nothing too fancy. Like it doesn’t have to be able to play video games and what not.

I know a dude in Dawson Creek who owns a computer shop… No promises here, but I’m pretty sure he could find you the best deal and sans shipping charges. Still in Rupert?

[quote=“Lemrac”]What about brand and stuff.

She wants to do school work and stuff on it. Nothing too fancy. Like it doesn’t have to be able to play video games and what not.[/quote]

Seanix laptops are good made here in vancouver. Ibm Laptops are good… Dell are not to bad these day’s. How much s she wanting to spend with taxes…

Pm me with your budget and stuff… I just spoke with him and he’s got great stock at the moment. He’ll hook you up.

If price is the deciding factor, you’re not going to beat Dell.

Here’s a bunch of notebooks on sale, and you get $150.00 off the listed price. Canadian dollars:

tinyurl.com/4oygo

I’m getting the 700m, I think.

Does he sell parts too or just systems?

[quote=“MiG”]If price is the deciding factor, you’re not going to beat Dell.

I’m getting the 700m, I think.[/quote]

What, wait a second! MiG is getting a Dell?!? Dude, are you feeling okay? :laughing:

Edit: Okay, perhaps this has something to do with running OS X on an intel machine, right?

[quote=“Dave”]What, wait a second! MiG is getting a Dell?!? Dude, are you feeling okay? :laughing:

Edit: Okay, perhaps this has something to do with running OS X on an intel machine, right?[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, I’m also getting another Mac :wink:

Good Toshibas are about $1499 at Future Shop. I have some Acers under $1000 but I don’t recommand them unless you know your getting a cheap laptop and really want cheap. I never recommend people to buy systems ‘because they’re the lowest price’. You get what you pay for, and with laptops you’re stuck with what you buy for life and laptop repairs are horribly expensive and slow. Batteries, RAM etc become unavailable way too fast.
I know a dozen or so HP 3.0 Ghz 17" w number pad systems in service here, we had to get the lemon one. It’s been RMA’d for 6 weeks now…

[quote=“MiG”]If price is the deciding factor, you’re not going to beat Dell.

Here’s a bunch of notebooks on sale, and you get $150.00 off the listed price. Canadian dollars:

tinyurl.com/4oygo

I’m getting the 700m, I think.[/quote]

Dell has wicked prices… provided you don’t change “ANY” of the costomizable options. I was looking in there, and it’s a $200 upgrade from 512mb ram to 1 gig of ram… Even on the desk top computers. As soon as you change anything, you’re getting ripped off.

Oh yeah and dont buy anything with a 100 gig hard drive, because chances are its a seagate… I heard first hand from a guy that works for seagate, that the 100 gig sata, they had nothing but problems with it. Thats why they flogged off all the 100 gigs to dell for real cheap.

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“Dave”]What, wait a second! MiG is getting a Dell?!? Dude, are you feeling okay? :laughing:

Edit: Okay, perhaps this has something to do with running OS X on an intel machine, right?[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, I’m also getting another Mac :wink:[/quote]

Me 2 :smiley: